A Day Of Play - A well rounded 7D Test - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD > EOS Crop Sensor (APS-C) Sample Clips Gallery
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

EOS Crop Sensor (APS-C) Sample Clips Gallery
Post your EOS M / 60D / 7D / Rebel clips here... Vimeo and YouTube links will automatically embed a player right in the post.

Old October 10th, 2009, 05:13 PM  
A Day Of Play - A well rounded 7D Test
Andrew Waite Andrew Waite is offline October 10th, 2009, 05:13 PM

Alright, so I got my 7D last week and I took it out on the day I got it and shot some footage, well I finally got around to editing something together and this is what I came up with.

YouTube - Day Of Play

I wanted to test the rolling shutter and how it would effect Steadicam work. The very first shot is a good example of a worst case real world scenario (dark black vertical bars against a high contrast bright background) and I am happy with how it turned out.
All Steadicam shots where with the Steadicam Pilot with a Canon 10-22mm.

I also wanted to test hand held with a long lens. Everything at the playground is with the kit Canon 17-135mm lens.

Then I wanted to test the DOP in a darker room. All the interior shots are with a 50mm 1.8 with ISO at about 400-500.

And lastly I wanted to test slowmo. So all the last shots where 60P put through Cinema Tools. Again, very happy with how they turned out.

Let me know what you think!
RED One #6135 "Spartacus"

Andrew Waite
Major Player
Views: 3934
Old October 14th, 2009, 02:13 PM   #16
Major Player

It's all good! Not much to say about the Steadicam... other than I use the Steadicam Pilot with the Canon 10-22mm EFs lens... simple as that, I used the cable the camera came with to hook the camera up to the Steadicams monitor. Works very well.... oh, and I stopped the lens down to like F16 or something like that which made focusing not an issue to to the incredibly large DOP.
RED One #6135 "Spartacus"
Andrew Waite is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD > EOS Crop Sensor (APS-C) Sample Clips Gallery