my 1st wedding with 7D at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD > EOS Crop Sensor (APS-C) Sample Clips Gallery
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

EOS Crop Sensor (APS-C) Sample Clips Gallery
Post your EOS M / 60D / 7D / Rebel clips here... Vimeo and YouTube links will automatically embed a player right in the post.

Old November 20th, 2009, 03:07 PM   #1
my 1st wedding with 7D
J.J. Kim J.J. Kim is offline November 20th, 2009, 03:07 PM

Hi?
I have shot Save the Date with 7D, but this is the very 1st wedding that I shot with 7D, and all I can say is that I am going full 7D set next season. No bothering with A1s or any video cameras any more. 98% shot with 7D. 2% shot with A1 (1st scene+roomshot of reception hall)

J.J. Kim
Major Player
Views: 2976
Old November 20th, 2009, 04:09 PM   #2
Regular Crew

Nice one ! JJ

Which lens did you use ?
Bart Wierzbicki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 20th, 2009, 06:35 PM   #3
Major Player

Thank you!
mostly 28mm f1.8.
i used the kit lens during photo session, but I don't think I used any those shots in trailer.
Thinking about getting 100mm f2 since I wanna get closer shots during 1st dance, etc.
J.J. Kim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 20th, 2009, 11:03 PM   #4
Regular Crew

Very cool! How about audio?

Lovely images... With a full 7D set, how do you plan on capturing your audio?

Great Piece!

Marc
Marc S. Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 21st, 2009, 09:39 AM   #5
Major Player

Yep, I had the same exact thought. The 7D would work great with the LAV setup I have, but just bringing in general audio, I'm a bit concerned.
Jon McGuffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 21st, 2009, 10:52 AM   #6
Major Player

I can't speak for J.J but I use the H4N for audio... works like a dream.
Old November 21st, 2009, 02:45 PM   #7
Major Player

Thank you!
I used A1 for audio for ceremony and toasts.
I am thinking about H4N, but how do you control the volume?
I looked around the photos of H4N but doesn't look like it has a control over the volume.
I may be wrong, but if that has the volume control, then I will buy it for sure since I am planning on going full 7D for all the camera that we use for weddings.
I don't wait for that firmware (can't think of the name right now..)to come out, either.

JJ
Old November 22nd, 2009, 04:57 AM   #8
Trustee

Hey that looks good.
I was wondering what challenges you had working with the 7D and also what ISO you were using most of the time.

Cheers
Simon Denny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 22nd, 2009, 09:16 AM   #9
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.J. Kim View Post
Thank you!
I used A1 for audio for ceremony and toasts.
I am thinking about H4N, but how do you control the volume?
I looked around the photos of H4N but doesn't look like it has a control over the volume.
I may be wrong, but if that has the volume control, then I will buy it for sure since I am planning on going full 7D for all the camera that we use for weddings.
I don't wait for that firmware (can't think of the name right now..)to come out, either.

JJ
In addition to this, can somebody say whether this H4N will mount to the camera via the shoe? I can't see a picture of the backside of this unit to know. That would be a huge plus.

Jon
Jon McGuffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 22nd, 2009, 10:07 AM   #10
Major Player

hey, Jon, check the link below. Zacuto has something for H4n Mount on 7D
Zound Hotshoe - Zacuto

Thanks, Simon. I usually stick with 100,200,400,800 and 1600 (if I really really have to).
There is a thread about the whole ISO settings and whatnot if you search on 7D forum.
The only challenge that I had was outdoor photo session (which I shouldn't have any more problem since I got the fader filter), and using prime lenses. When I like to get closer to the subject, either I have to change the lens or step closer, where I could simply zoom in with regular video cameras.
Old November 22nd, 2009, 12:14 PM   #11
Major Player

2nd wedding with 7D.
Old November 29th, 2009, 09:19 AM   #12
Regular Crew

Hello Kim. Very nice shots, music very touching. I am very amazed what you guys are doing with this piece of camera.

What I worry is if memory card can handle to cover the cerimony. Is it possible to shoot at 1080p 23.98 fps the whole religious cerimony? I say, with out pushing the rec button to save space. It is one of the worst nightmares to edit wedding with tons of clips and sync'em to the 2nd camera. By the way, 7D does have timecode?

Sorry, I made a lot question in your beautiful post. Keep working!
Cristian Derois is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 30th, 2009, 06:42 AM   #13
Regular Crew

Beautiful shots, great sunset & location, love your work :)

Now I'm tempted to buy a 28mm lens too!

Just asking, did you run into any of the dreaded 'heat' issues whilst shooting?

Were you shooting with any form of stabilizer or shoulder mount?

Cristian, 7D doesn't have any timecode options (correct me if i am wrong please.), not that i know of at least.

I think gluetools can help those who would like to have timecode for their 7D footage. (Not advertising for them, gluetools is for FCP users. I'm a Sony Vegas user. ;p )

Thanks!
Alvin Ang Teng Cheong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 30th, 2009, 11:49 AM   #14
Trustee

I'm curious about your technique for handheld shoots too.

Generally I'm considered a solid/stable camera operator, with traditional video cameras, but recently went out and shot some handheld footage with the 7D - I suck!

I stayed on target well but had this slight annoying shake, I had the IS turned off but I can't believe it makes that much difference, I'll try it again today with it on. It was also amazing how it looked pretty good in the LCD but the shake was very noticeable in FCP.
Chuck Spaulding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 30th, 2009, 01:04 PM   #15
Inner Circle

Because of rolling-shutter jello, DvSLRs are terrible handheld, unless you use the very widest lenses. Even then, a shoulder rig helps immensely.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD > EOS Crop Sensor (APS-C) Sample Clips Gallery