DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   EOS Crop Sensor (APS-C) Sample Clips Gallery (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/eos-crop-sensor-aps-c-sample-clips-gallery/)
-   -   The most important thing I've shot with my 7D! (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/eos-crop-sensor-aps-c-sample-clips-gallery/468356-most-important-thing-ive-shot-my-7d.html)

Benjamin Eckstein November 25th, 2009 10:11 AM

The most important thing I've shot with my 7D!

Certainly not award winning, but beautiful none the less.

Keep in mind this was at 6:30am

Khoi Pham November 25th, 2009 10:30 AM

Congratulations. (-:

Ben McElroy November 25th, 2009 10:44 AM

Congrats!.. Great video, very touching.

Jon McGuffin November 25th, 2009 11:10 AM

Nice!

I know those moments all to well (I have 4 kids now!)... Congrats, good job on the video..

Jon

J.J. Kim November 25th, 2009 11:25 AM

this is so awesome, Ben.
Emailed sent.

Benjamin Eckstein November 25th, 2009 12:06 PM

Thanks all. It's a pretty wonderful feeling. We have been trying for some time now.

It was early and I didn't want to wake up, but I am glad I did and took the time to capture this moment!

Paul Frederick November 25th, 2009 04:08 PM

Awesome! Great moment forever captured!

Chuck Spaulding November 29th, 2009 01:31 AM

Forget the camera, that was touching. I hope everything went well at the doctors and you had a truly thankful thanksgiving.

Benjamin Eckstein November 29th, 2009 08:29 AM

Thanks Chuck. All the tests have been so far so good. This is our first so I am turning into a giant worrier.

Very glad I caught this moment on film though.

Chuck Spaulding November 29th, 2009 10:46 AM

Try not to worry too much. Also, my advice is do not read the myriad of books written over the past decade, they will drive you crazy. Besides a little common sense goes a long way.

Here's an observation about your video and I'm not sure whether its a good thing or a bad thing other than to say that it certainly speaks to the effectiveness of it.

That was such a personal moment and the emotion your wife expressed was amazing. At that moment it felt like you shared something so intimate that we became friends. Clearly we've never met so that isn't really the case. As compelling as that clip is I'm not sure the internet is the best place for it.

Having said that, thanks for sharing and I wish you both much happiness.

John Russell November 30th, 2009 08:26 PM

Wow! Did that bring back some powerful memories. Thanks so much for sharing that moment. Your child is going to be able to tell how much they were loved from the very first moment.

Ted Ramasola December 1st, 2009 11:37 AM

DARN.. THAT brought tears to my eyes.. congrats man.. we've been trying too... but ...

Ian G. Thompson December 4th, 2009 08:39 AM

Wow...I just happened across this video. Her reaction absolutely made my day. I can't stop smiling. Congrats to the both of you.

Benjamin Eckstein December 4th, 2009 05:14 PM

Thanks for all your kind words.

Ted, keep at it. Took us about a year. We have a whole blog about it. If you or your wife are interested in reading DM me.

Ian, I've watched it everyday and it makes me smile. Glad to share the feeling.

Rob Weiner December 5th, 2009 12:14 AM

What lens did you use? What about color correction?

Just kidding!! In this place where we all geek out so much, this was a nice surprise.

Best of luck to you and your sweetie. Fasten your seatbelts. Life's biggest ride is about to begin.