7D Nature short at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD > EOS Crop Sensor (APS-C) Sample Clips Gallery
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

EOS Crop Sensor (APS-C) Sample Clips Gallery
Post your EOS M / 60D / 7D / Rebel clips here... Vimeo and YouTube links will automatically embed a player right in the post.

Old December 4th, 2009, 07:11 AM   #1
7D Nature short
Paul Frederick Paul Frederick is offline December 4th, 2009, 07:11 AM

Another short that I shot with the Canon 7D. Its a dreary time of year here in Upstate New York. Not much light or color. Very short days. I went to a waterfall not too far from my house that has an old abandoned mill next to it.

I used the indiSlider in a lot of these shots to add some interest. I call this piece NOVEMBER GRAY, though in reality, the 7D captured alot of color in these scenes! It continues to amaze me. I also shot this one at 1080 24p. I used the stock lens that came in the kit for some of the closeups of the waterfall. Its the 28-135 f.3.5-5.8 IS Canon Lens. Its tack sharp and the depth of field is quite nice when you are zoomed in, even though it's only a f5.8 lens at that point.

I did some color correction, mainly to adjust white balance, I was shooting so early after sun up that the color temperature was changing quite rapidly.

The music is from Digital Juice. Vol. 50 the song is called MOVING FORWARD.

Paul Frederick
Major Player
Views: 1298
Old December 4th, 2009, 08:39 AM   #2
Major Player

Excellent camera work, very impressed, at 1:00, did you push the slider and rack focus at the same time? if so how many time did you shoot that or are you just good? (-:
Old December 4th, 2009, 12:59 PM   #3
Trustee

Very well done, you made a gray day look inviting.
Chuck Spaulding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 5th, 2009, 04:22 AM   #4
Regular Crew

Excellent work!
Old December 5th, 2009, 06:39 AM   #5
Major Player

Really nice stuff!!!
Jerry Porter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 5th, 2009, 05:27 PM   #6
Major Player

Thanks guys! Khoi...it was my third attemp showing in the finished video! It was indeed a challenge. But I use a rubber band around the base of the head on the indiSlider, using this to pull it along the track smoothes out the slides by quite a bit. It also moves one of your hands further away from the whole unit, making it more comfortable to use your other hand for focus pulling. Still quite a challenge, especially with the small LCD on the 7D and my focus hand right on the lens.
Paul Frederick is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD > EOS Crop Sensor (APS-C) Sample Clips Gallery