DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   EOS Crop Sensor (APS-C) Sample Clips Gallery (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/eos-crop-sensor-aps-c-sample-clips-gallery/)
-   -   Bantayan Island (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/eos-crop-sensor-aps-c-sample-clips-gallery/469611-bantayan-island.html)

Ted Ramasola December 17th, 2009 09:25 PM

Bantayan Island

Heres a travel promotion video of an Island which I shot for the Department of Tourism.
4 day shoot with additional 2 for pick ups. Entirely done on the 7D.

Bantayan Island By Ted Ramasola On ExposureRoom

Michael Wisniewski December 18th, 2009 01:05 AM

Very nice Ted. Heard a lot of good things about Bantayan Island, nice to see what's there.

Ted Ramasola December 18th, 2009 04:52 AM

Thanks Michael.

You should go there one of these days. The people there are so kind and hospitable.

Ted

Mike Dulay December 19th, 2009 07:02 PM

Ooh, nice location. What UW Case or bag did you use for the cave shot?

Brian Luce December 19th, 2009 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Michael Wisniewski (Post 1461678)
Very nice Ted. Heard a lot of good things about Bantayan Island, nice to see what's there.

What Boracay was like before it became Boracay.

Ted Ramasola December 19th, 2009 10:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike Dulay (Post 1462364)
Ooh, nice location. What UW Case or bag did you use for the cave shot?

Cheap Dicapac Mike. These hdslrs truly revolutionizes everything as its size allow you to get cheaper accessories.

Ted Ramasola December 19th, 2009 10:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brian Luce (Post 1462381)
What Boracay was like before it became Boracay.

Thats true. I heard that comment from a lot of people.

Brian Luce December 19th, 2009 11:24 PM

Oh wait, I'm thinking of Malapascua! It's okay, Bantayan is also like old Boracay!

Alvin Ang Teng Cheong December 19th, 2009 11:41 PM

very nice, makes me want to make a trip there! Did you use a slider for some shots?

Ted Ramasola December 19th, 2009 11:48 PM

Its a mini dolly I made from plywood. Can do repeatable curved shots using a laser pointer. I have the construction instructions here.

PLYWOOD SKATER Finished - DVXuser.com -- The online community for filmmaking

p.s. Oh, its just one short flight direct to Cebu International Airport from Sing. :-)

Alvin Ang Teng Cheong December 20th, 2009 10:19 AM

Hi Ted,

the mini dolly / skater looks solid! I agree, it can do lots of nice curved dolly shots. We have one in the studio as well, but we were one of those that forked out hundreds of dollars just for one. :P

Yeah, Cebu is so nearby! I think there's a budget airline that goes there, that should whittle down the costs! Now all i need is to find some time. :)

Ted Ramasola December 20th, 2009 11:06 AM

Yeah, I think its silkair. Or there is Cebupacific. Call me up if you do. I'm on the next island.

Ted

Mike Dulay December 20th, 2009 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ted Ramasola (Post 1462409)
Cheap Dicapac Mike. These hdslrs truly revolutionizes everything as its size allow you to get cheaper accessories.

It's the WP-S10 I presume? We used it for stills (Nikon) on my trip to Panglao a month ago. What do you use to clean the plastic lens port? Water tended to stick to it even after wiping it with a microfibre cloth.

Ted Ramasola December 21st, 2009 12:06 AM

Yup, you are right Mike. Its that model. I used just microfibre. So far I had no problems. Do drop by the studio next time you're on the island.

Alvin Ang Teng Cheong December 21st, 2009 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ted Ramasola (Post 1462547)
Yeah, I think its silkair. Or there is Cebupacific. Call me up if you do. I'm on the next island.

Ted

yup, cebu pacific has flights from Singapore. I'd be sure to call on you when i do! :)