A Walk in the Park at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD > EOS Crop Sensor (APS-C) Sample Clips Gallery
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

EOS Crop Sensor (APS-C) Sample Clips Gallery
Post your EOS M / 60D / 7D / Rebel clips here... Vimeo and YouTube links will automatically embed a player right in the post.

Old January 11th, 2010, 04:10 PM   #1
A Walk in the Park
Michael Maloney Michael Maloney is offline January 11th, 2010, 04:10 PM

Short clip on Sycamore Grove, a popular park near where I live.

Shot with a Canon 7d with a GlideTrack SD on some of the scenes.

Michael Maloney
New Boot
Views: 1213
Old January 11th, 2010, 06:24 PM   #2
Regular Crew

Nice shots! I love the timelapse @ the end. Great work!
James Dierx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 12th, 2010, 12:01 PM   #3
Trustee

Nicely done.

What picture profile did you use? The colors appeared a bit flat, but very realistic. I liked that. Most people way over saturate with very vivid colors. But this looked soft and natural.

Did you color correct?

Also, just out of curiosity, what were the settings for your timelapse and did you do it with the 7d?
Chuck Spaulding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 12th, 2010, 02:03 PM   #4
New Boot

Thanks for the kind comments.

My picture style was with sharpness and contrast turned all the way down. Saturation was down 2 notches and color tone left in default.

Yes, I did some subtle color correction in Final Cut Pro.

The timelapse was done on my 5D Mark II so that I could continue shooting video with the 7D. Used a Canon 16-35mm lens, ISO 100 and a shutter of 1/80 @f11 on manual exposure mode since the light was somewhat consistent. Shot 1 frame every 2 seconds. Used the same flat picture style that I used on the 7D and ran the images through Lightroom for the color correction.

Check out my Yosemite video that I did a week ago. Same camera and same flat picture profile.

Last edited by Michael Maloney; January 13th, 2010 at 01:12 AM.
Michael Maloney is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD > EOS Crop Sensor (APS-C) Sample Clips Gallery