DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   EOS Crop Sensor (APS-C) Sample Clips Gallery (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/eos-crop-sensor-aps-c-sample-clips-gallery/)
-   -   4th Wedding I shot with the 7D (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/eos-crop-sensor-aps-c-sample-clips-gallery/472292-4th-wedding-i-shot-7d.html)

Michael Simons February 5th, 2010 06:30 AM

4th Wedding I shot with the 7D

Another rainy day and it's not always easy to shoot under those conditions, but here is what I came up with.

Greg Andrews February 5th, 2010 08:14 AM

Nicely done!
Like the takes, the post editing. White limo appears a little blown out in the exposure on my monitor here, but that may be what you were going for with that shot.

I like the DOF/Focal Point changes within the takes. Kind of a pain to do with the current fleet of SLR lenses out there, since lens makers have spent so much time making the focus rings so stinkin small in some cases.

David Chilson February 5th, 2010 08:25 AM

Michael,

Very nice! On the critique side, I would use software to take out some of the camera flashes, those darn photographers! A few are nice but there were a couple of scenes it was distracting. Also there was a certain "cadence" where you could almost anticipate scene changes. I think that deals more with ones ability to hold focus of these rascally little cameras. This is nit picking and overall it was very well done.

Dave

Michael Simons February 5th, 2010 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Greg Andrews (Post 1481943)
Nicely done!
Like the takes, the post editing. White limo appears a little blown out in the exposure on my monitor here, but that may be what you were going for with that shot.

I like the DOF/Focal Point changes within the takes. Kind of a pain to do with the current fleet of SLR lenses out there, since lens makers have spent so much time making the focus rings so stinkin small in some cases.

Hi Greg. Thanks for the input. The limo pretty much came out of nowhere and since it was raining I couldn't really stand outside and wait for it. So the shot is more of a reaction than anything.

Michael Simons February 5th, 2010 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David Chilson (Post 1481946)
Michael,

Very nice! On the critique side, I would use software to take out some of the camera flashes, those darn photographers! A few are nice but there were a couple of scenes it was distracting. Also there was a certain "cadence" where you could almost anticipate scene changes. I think that deals more with ones ability to hold focus of these rascally little cameras. This is nit picking and overall it was very well done.

Dave

hey Dave. I'm still new with the camera but I am loving the quality. Since my style of shooting is documentary/journalism, I don't direct anything. So for instance, when the groom walking up to the guitar case, it's live and it's very difficult to keep focus. I hope to get better with more practice.