Siam Gym - Kickbox Gala at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD > EOS Crop Sensor (APS-C) Sample Clips Gallery
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

EOS Crop Sensor (APS-C) Sample Clips Gallery
Post your EOS M / 60D / 7D / Rebel clips here... Vimeo and YouTube links will automatically embed a player right in the post.

Old February 16th, 2010, 05:28 AM   #1
Siam Gym - Kickbox Gala
Frank Bongers Frank Bongers is offline February 16th, 2010, 05:28 AM

Hi there,

I mostly lurk around here, asking a stupid question from time to time, but I almost never post.

Until now, since I have been playing with the 7D for a couple of months now. I just finished a short documentary (visual only) for a Kickboxing Gala here in Belgium. It was a lot of fun, with several problems as well (the moire is quite visible in some shots) ... but the end result was great for all the parties involved.

The kit-lens behaved pretty decently together with another Canon 1.8 lens, and the high iso gave it the nitty-gritty look you want to see from such an event. Raw, honest and direct. All filmed hand-held, although I have an indieslider and glidecam. Maybe they'll get used some day.

Check it out on:
http://hellofrank.info/siam-gym-kickbox-gala/

Hope some of you will like it. If not, well ... ;)

Greets,
Frank

Frank Bongers
New Boot
Views: 1649
Old February 16th, 2010, 07:24 AM   #2
Trustee

I Like it Frank! The look is appropriate for the subject matter.
Old February 17th, 2010, 12:32 AM   #3
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Bongers View Post
Hi there,

I mostly lurk around here, asking a stupid question from time to time, but I almost never post.

Until now, since I have been playing with the 7D for a couple of months now. I just finished a short documentary (visual only) for a Kickboxing Gala here in Belgium. It was a lot of fun, with several problems as well (the moire is quite visible in some shots) ... but the end result was great for all the parties involved.

The kit-lens behaved pretty decently together with another Canon 1.8 lens, and the high iso gave it the nitty-gritty look you want to see from such an event. Raw, honest and direct. All filmed hand-held, although I have an indieslider and glidecam. Maybe they'll get used some day.

Check it out on:
http://hellofrank.info/siam-gym-kickbox-gala/

Hope some of you will like it. If not, well ... ;)

Greets,
Frank
Awesome job! What did you use to color grade? I'm sort of interested in how "far" you went to create the mood through the color of the video.

My brother recently did the website of a boxing gym and I have always wanted to do a boxing related video...maybe I'll ask them if their interested in a video like this. I can only hope it can come out as good as this.
Arif Syed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 19th, 2010, 03:32 PM   #4
Major Player

Loved it! I love the energy, the mix of slo-mo, in and out of the ring shots etc. Nice.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD > EOS Crop Sensor (APS-C) Sample Clips Gallery