lowlight test! at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD > EOS Crop Sensor (APS-C) Sample Clips Gallery
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

EOS Crop Sensor (APS-C) Sample Clips Gallery
Post your EOS M / 60D / 7D / Rebel clips here... Vimeo and YouTube links will automatically embed a player right in the post.

Old March 12th, 2010, 02:37 PM   #1
lowlight test!
Kurt Zhuang Kurt Zhuang is offline March 12th, 2010, 02:37 PM

hey guys,

I just got my baby about a week ago, and I did this test to see how it performed in low light.

iso 400 ~ 640
shutter 1/30
f/ 1.6-1.8

crits/comments appreciated!

Kurt Zhuang
Regular Crew
Views: 1493
Old March 14th, 2010, 02:41 AM   #2
New Boot

Need more info

It looks good (for low light), but can you briefly describe the light setup? It looks like it was all using availiable, but it is are to make out what was creating it. Also, what lens did you shoot with?

I also watched your video '5 people multiple answers: Filipino Culture" it looked nice. It was a good comp for the subject matter. The editing made it more interesting than if you stayed w/ one person throughout. The only thing I didn't like is all that talk of great Filipino food is making me hungry. Now I have to find something to eat.
Gabe Hoeffken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 14th, 2010, 09:24 PM   #3
Regular Crew

I used available light, I set up the laptop for her face, and some light from the bathroom partially lit the room; it was pretty dark in there.

for the low light I used a Sigma 30mm 1.4, and for the interviews I used Canon 50mm 1.8, and the Sigma for one shot.

thanks for the comment!
Kurt Zhuang is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD > EOS Crop Sensor (APS-C) Sample Clips Gallery