"DESERTED" Short Movie Shot on The 2Ti at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD > EOS Crop Sensor (APS-C) Sample Clips Gallery
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

EOS Crop Sensor (APS-C) Sample Clips Gallery
Post your EOS M / 60D / 7D / Rebel clips here... Vimeo and YouTube links will automatically embed a player right in the post.

Old March 21st, 2010, 08:15 AM   #1
"DESERTED" Short Movie Shot on The Canon T2i
Rob Cook Rob Cook is offline March 21st, 2010, 08:15 AM

Short We filmed with the Canon T2i, Enjoy and feed back is always welcome.

Last edited by Rob Cook; March 21st, 2010 at 06:49 PM..

Rob Cook
Regular Crew
Views: 3094
Old March 21st, 2010, 10:17 AM   #2
Trustee

Was that a "deserted" military installation or an unused portion of a base somewhere? The buildings had the look of the Korean conflict era type barracks at a training base.

The general look sure built suspense.

You did very well with the "kit" lens, many "pan" it but all in all it is not a bad lens at all and as you have shown with this film it is quite adequate to the task if the owner will "work" with it.

As you have.

Well done.
Bruce Foreman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 21st, 2010, 12:33 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Thanks Bruce, I have had the T2i for a few weeks (been reading the book) but this was the first time I really used the camera for video.

The kit lens worked better than I thought it would, but hard to do any rack focus work. I could have used a fast prime for inside of the building, it was a little dark, and that hurt the image a bit.

It was an old army dorm complex that was from the 40's and was shut down in 1995. We stayed at a campground right by it on an army base. I saw it and could not help myself, I had to film it. We shot this on a Sunday afternoon and the place was dead, perfect for it!
Old March 27th, 2010, 01:49 AM   #4
Trustee

Agree with the comments about all the hate for the kit lens - it's made well, and clearly is meant to work with the T2.

Is it fast? No. Is it terribly sharp? Nope, not terribly. But it is a quality piece - a fine starter lens; some thing to sharpen your desire.

Thanks for posting! Nice to se quality stuff w/ the kit...

john
John Vincent is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD > EOS Crop Sensor (APS-C) Sample Clips Gallery