"Keychain Memories" - A short documentary shot on the 550D at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD > EOS Crop Sensor (APS-C) Sample Clips Gallery
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

EOS Crop Sensor (APS-C) Sample Clips Gallery
Post your EOS M / 60D / 7D / Rebel clips here... Vimeo and YouTube links will automatically embed a player right in the post.

Old May 4th, 2010, 12:07 PM   #1
"Keychain Memories" - A short documentary shot on the 550D
Sam Piggott Sam Piggott is offline May 4th, 2010, 12:07 PM

Thought I'd come here and show you guys what I've been working on the last couple of months. After buying a 550D, I decided to shoot my final second year piece on it; rather than the JVC HD110s at University. It received really good feedback, and I'm really pleased with how it came out; despite the nightmares of pulling focus on the kit lens...

550D/T2i, 18-55mm f3.0-f5.6 lens - compiled in Final Cut and colour graded in Color.

Shot on location in Shrewsbury, Shropshire. Any feedback (visually/audibly) will be much appreciated! :)

Sam Piggott
New Boot
Views: 2120
Old May 5th, 2010, 08:59 AM   #2
Major Player

Love it! Its wonderful how you got everyone to look so relaxed. Their personality jumps right out at you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Piggott View Post
Thought I'd come here and show you guys what I've been working on the last couple of months. After buying a 550D, I decided to shoot my final second year piece on it; rather than the JVC HD110s at University. It received really good feedback, and I'm really pleased with how it came out; despite the nightmares of pulling focus on the kit lens...

550D/T2i, 18-55mm f3.0-f5.6 lens - compiled in Final Cut and colour graded in Color.

Shot on location in Shrewsbury, Shropshire. Any feedback (visually/audibly) will be much appreciated! :)

Keychain Memories on Vimeo
Old May 5th, 2010, 04:25 PM   #3
New Boot

Thanks very much! I was very surprised with how open people were to talk to an SLR! Particularly after running previous tests on the mentioned, rather daunting JVC HD110!
Sam Piggott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 7th, 2010, 09:35 AM   #4
Regular Crew

Gorgeous, quite impressed with what you pulled off using only the kit lens...

Did you ad the blur vignette to the edges, or did the video just turn out that way?
Cole Seidl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 7th, 2010, 09:45 AM   #5
New Boot

The blur vignette's a bit like marmite, some people love it, others not so much...

But yeah, that was added in in post. My little test in Color :D Glad you enjoyed it!
Sam Piggott is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD > EOS Crop Sensor (APS-C) Sample Clips Gallery