DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   EOS Crop Sensor (APS-C) Sample Clips Gallery (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/eos-crop-sensor-aps-c-sample-clips-gallery/)
-   -   A new Corporate video shot entierly on Canon 7D (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/eos-crop-sensor-aps-c-sample-clips-gallery/481105-new-corporate-video-shot-entierly-canon-7d.html)

Jean-Philippe Archibald June 29th, 2010 11:31 AM

A new Corporate video shot entierly on Canon 7D

Hi,

I finished recently a corporate video with the 7D. A few months ago I posted another corporate video I did with the 7D and it generated a pretty cool discussion here: http://www.dvinfo.net/forum/eos-7d-s...-canon-7d.html

So I would really like to get some comments about this one:

This one was less rushed, I had a lot of time to do better shots visually. I'm still impressed with the 7D. A wonderful tool.

Sound: Samson UHF wireless system with the Zoom H4n.

Lenses: Sigma 17-70 f2.8, Samyang 85 f1.4 and two very old nikkor lens: 50mm f1.4 and 28mm f2.8

I also used a Glidetrack and a steady stick on a few shots.

Your comments or questions are welcome!

Jean-Philippe Archibald June 29th, 2010 11:39 AM

Forgot to mention:

The video is in french. It's about young people who choose to a non-traditionnal carreer (a career typically for the opposite gender).

Jeff Anselmo June 29th, 2010 02:51 PM

Hi Jean-Phillippe,

C'est magnifique! C'est bon! (I took a few years of French a loooonnng time ago :)

Wonderful video. Me and my wife are almost sold on the 7D, and she thinks your video is awesome too!

Still reading up on the 7D, but curious to know how you used (adapter?) your Nikkor lenses on the 7D.

Best,

Simon Denny June 29th, 2010 03:25 PM

Looks great.
I'm picking up a 5D today and this was a hard decision between the 7D.
What ISO were you typical using?

Thanks

Jean-Philippe Archibald June 29th, 2010 04:45 PM

Thank you very much for your comments.

@Jeff: Yes, I use a mechanical adapter I bought on eBay for 10$. Work OK, but there is a little play in it so it's hard to use the lens with a follow focus. The lens tend to rotate a few milimeters within the mount. And I can't acheive infinity focus with it. If you are serious about using Nikon lenses, I suggest you buy a better crafted one like the photodiox pro which I believe is about 100$

@Simon: I try to keep the ISO the lower possible, but I dial anything I need to get proper exposure below 1250 ISo without thinking. The noise only start to bother me at 1600 ISO.

I worked on a feature last year with the 5D and we used 6400 ISO often and the footage looked pretty clean with a bit of noise reduction applyed in after effect.

Christos Houliara June 30th, 2010 11:59 AM

Cool...

Great job man....great shots....cool colors......really love 7D pic.....keep up the good job......

Charlie Gillespie June 30th, 2010 12:44 PM

How do you like using the "Steady- Stick" ? Great job also

Jean-Philippe Archibald June 30th, 2010 12:50 PM

Charlie: I really like it. I did not tried any fancy shoulder rig yet, but the steady stick allow me to work fast and steady and it cost a fraction of the cost of other true rigs.

I removed the handle and added a manfrotto quick release on it. I use it with the camera strap around my neck fully extended, and my two hands on the camera.

Charlie Gillespie July 1st, 2010 05:09 PM

Thanks for yours... it blows me away that people spend mega $$ on shoulder rigs (mostly for show IMO) and forget simple things like the Steady Stick

Morgan Crossley July 5th, 2010 10:43 PM

Very nice. Did you shoot under any presets to get your image flat so you could color correct later? What kind of color correction did you do?

Jean-Philippe Archibald July 6th, 2010 05:59 AM

@Morgan:

I shot using the neutral preset, with sharpness and contrast all the way down, saturation down one notch. I graded all the shots using magic bullet looks, some more than others, basicly to enhance the contrast, punch the colors, add some vignetting.

Thanks for watching!

Phil Yisrael August 12th, 2010 02:44 PM

hey nice work...cool color transition in there.

Jean-Philippe Archibald August 13th, 2010 11:33 AM

Thanks for watching Phil!