My 2nd short shot on a Canon 7D. Check out the trailer. at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD > EOS Crop Sensor (APS-C) Sample Clips Gallery

EOS Crop Sensor (APS-C) Sample Clips Gallery
Post your EOS M / 60D / 7D / Rebel clips here... Vimeo and YouTube links will automatically embed a player right in the post.

Old October 19th, 2010, 08:40 PM   #1
My 2nd short shot on a Canon 7D. Check out the trailer.
Brandon Furst Brandon Furst is offline October 19th, 2010, 08:40 PM

Like I said this is my 2nd short on the Canon 7D.

The Break on Facebook

The Break is a story about an actor who gets his big break, suffers a massive stroke and with the help of his friends pushes for a comeback.

This was made with no budget and no crew. I was the DP/editor/etc. The writer/director/actor is the lead character and when the other actors weren't doing anything, I said "Hey, you, hold this mic!"
We have submitted to a ton of fests though I know that's a long shot but we're hopeful.

Also, we're just about to start shooting a FEATURE!

It's an action thriller and we are super excited and hopeful we can make it all the way through. In the meantime, check out the Break trailer! Let me know what you think!

Brandon Furst
Regular Crew
Views: 9353
Old October 19th, 2010, 09:28 PM   #2
Major Player

So cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon Furst View Post
Like I said this is my 2nd short on the Canon 7D.

The Break on Facebook

The Break is a story about an actor who gets his big break, suffers a massive stroke and with the help of his friends pushes for a comeback.

the Break, Trailer on Vimeo

This was made with no budget and no crew. I was the DP/editor/etc. The writer/director/actor is the lead character and when the other actors weren't doing anything, I said "Hey, you, hold this mic!"
We have submitted to a ton of fests though I know that's a long shot but we're hopeful.

Also, we're just about to start shooting a FEATURE!

It's an action thriller and we are super excited and hopeful we can make it all the way through. In the meantime, check out the Break trailer! Let me know what you think!

Hey that looks so cool!

Image looks great. What settings (profile?) did you use on your 7D? I have one... Which lenses did you use?

Also, could you tell me what did you use for lighting? Did you use a dual sound system or straight to the camera?

Great job Brandon!
Ben Tolosa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 19th, 2010, 10:12 PM   #3
Regular Crew

RE: Ben

Thanks Ben!

On this I used the Marvels Cine profile setting.
Lenses: Kit 28-135 and Tamron 17-55VC, though I sent it (the Tamron) back after shooting. The backward focus got to me.
Lights: Rented a Arri 3 light kit. 1k, 650, 300.
Sound recorded on cam and on a Zoom h4n with a ntg2 and some cheapo Radio shack lavs, or they call them clip on mics.
That about sums up what I used for every scene.
Oh, I edited in Vegas Pro.
Brandon Furst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 22nd, 2010, 03:32 AM   #4
Regular Crew

Very Nice!
Tom Chaney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 4th, 2011, 02:48 PM   #5
Regular Crew

Yeah, this was very well done. If you want suggestions, I'd be careful about the spotlight effect on your text. It was eating up some of the letters here and there and made it harder to read.
Russ Ivey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 4th, 2011, 10:14 PM   #6
Trustee

Nice work! Was it intentional to have some of the shots too dark and contrasty, especially on the faces?
Old June 27th, 2011, 09:39 PM   #7
Regular Crew

Re: My 2nd short shot on a Canon 7D. Check out the trailer.

Thanks to those who watched the trailer and commented.
So far, The Break was accepted and played at the Boomtown Film Fest and the San Antonio Film Fest.
I'll post it here now so you can check out the whole film if you like.

The Break

I also shot another short as well, 18 Days

And per the feature I mentioned in a previous post, I finished shooting and I'm now working on the sound post, again with no crew, etc.

Check out the trailer at Facebook.

FB= Enemy of the Mind | Facebook
Brandon Furst is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD > EOS Crop Sensor (APS-C) Sample Clips Gallery