'No Anaesthetic' Punk rock doco shot on 550D at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD > EOS Crop Sensor (APS-C) Sample Clips Gallery

EOS Crop Sensor (APS-C) Sample Clips Gallery
Post your EOS M / 60D / 7D / Rebel clips here... Vimeo and YouTube links will automatically embed a player right in the post.

Old October 30th, 2010, 10:27 PM   #1
'No Anaesthetic' Punk rock doco shot on 550D
Qiao Li Qiao Li is offline October 30th, 2010, 10:27 PM

Hi guys,

Just thought I'd share some footage I shot whilst making a doco about a punk band from Melbourne, Australia as they toured China and South-East Asia. I put together a little 550D rig with a Azden mic, Cavision pistol grip + rods, Redrock Micro FF and a cheap eBay viewfinder. I had a kit of Nikon manual primes but found that I ended up using my Tamron 17 - 55mm f2.8 more often than not.

Here is a clip of a live show the band played in Beijing shot using the Tamron. Excuse the rough sound - the Azden was decent enough with dialogue but punk rock was a bit too much for it to handle. Lucky I was recording sound separately also.

YouTube - Amigo Let Me Go LIVE - Backyard Surgeons Asia Tour 2010 Clip #1

Here's another one, this time a bit of fun had on one of the many long train rides:

YouTube - Whoopie Cushion - Backyard Surgeons Asia Tour 2010 Clip #2

I'll be uploading more clips and the first teaser trailer over the next few weeks so feel free to check back. Overall I love this little camera, the kits I've put together is super light and can be broken down quickly if I want to take stills or shoot on the sly. All I need now is some custom firmware so I can manually control the audio levels. Waiting on you Magic Lantern...

The first five videos on my main profile page are all things shot on either 5DII/7D/500D/550D

YouTube - qiaofilm's Channel

Good work Canon. Can't wait to see what you've got coming next...

- Q

Qiao Li
New Boot
Views: 2985

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD > EOS Crop Sensor (APS-C) Sample Clips Gallery