Louisiana School Video Contest Feedback Help at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD > EOS Crop Sensor (APS-C) Sample Clips Gallery
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

EOS Crop Sensor (APS-C) Sample Clips Gallery
Post your EOS M / 60D / 7D / Rebel clips here... Vimeo and YouTube links will automatically embed a player right in the post.

Old April 8th, 2011, 12:28 PM   #1
Louisiana School Video Contest Feedback Help
Ritchey Cable Ritchey Cable is offline April 8th, 2011, 12:28 PM

I'm in the third year of volunteer leading a Film Club at our school, Grace Christian School. We are currently entered into a contest put on by our local Chamber of Commerce to produce a video about healthy living. We shot the video entirely with two T2i cameras. While I appreciate the subject matter of good health, my desire in teaching this Film Club is for the students to discover that they can create something of excellent quality with the right tools and techniques. I'm pleased with how the video turned out, but I'd love to be able to share with them some feedback from some video "pros and hobbyists". If you would be willing to watch the video and give some feedback on the finished product, I'd love to be able to read them your input at our next meeting. I did this a couple of years ago and was very grateful for the advice that dvinfo users gave these kids. The link to the video on Vimeo is:

I'm also attaching the link to the contest where you can find us and the other entries. While I think it will be difficult for us to move on via the online voting (requires that we get 1st through 3rd place, currently we are a distant 5th and schools in the first four places are much bigger than our school) regardless of what happens, I think our students will learn a powerful lesson through this exercise. I know I'm biased, but I believe they have created something they can be proud of and something that really shines. Below is the link to the contest if you have any interest.

http://www.rapidesfoundation.org/sit...0/Default.aspx

Thanks again for any help you all as a community might be for these kids. I'm very appreciative.

Ritchey Cable
New Boot
Views: 2561
Old April 14th, 2011, 08:53 AM   #2
Major Player

Re: Louisiana School Video Contest Feedback Help

Hello to a fellow Louisianan! I liked your concept for the spot. Eat Strange works for me! Kinda like the state's healthy living campaign, The Louisiana Two-Step.

The spot was nice but a couple of thoughts... The audio in the dining room was a bit echoey (sp?). I also felt that the scene went on a bit too long making the focus eating poorly rather than eating healthy. Right near the end of the spot, the boy finally chooses an apple but is covered up almost immediately by the Eat Strange logo.

Other than that, the concept is spot on! How many kids are in the Film Club and what ages? Is the club part of the school or is it community based?
Bob Krieger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 19th, 2011, 09:47 AM   #3
Major Player

Re: Louisiana School Video Contest Feedback Help

good stuff
Chris Westerstrom is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD > EOS Crop Sensor (APS-C) Sample Clips Gallery