Backyard Time Lapse at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD > EOS Crop Sensor (APS-C) Sample Clips Gallery

EOS Crop Sensor (APS-C) Sample Clips Gallery
Post your EOS M / 60D / 7D / Rebel clips here... Vimeo and YouTube links will automatically embed a player right in the post.

Old April 3rd, 2012, 09:28 AM   #1
Backyard Time Lapse
Mike Feggans Mike Feggans is offline April 3rd, 2012, 09:28 AM

This was my first time lapse test. I shot it from my bedroom.

Cannon 7D, Cannon 15 MM Fisheye. 1600 shots imported into Windows Movie Maker ( yep i said it) then finished in Sony Vegas
http://vimeo.com/thadoubleo http://ThaDoubleO.com Ohios #1 Hip-Hop Site

Mike Feggans
New Boot
Views: 6305
Old April 3rd, 2012, 12:49 PM   #2
Major Player

Re: Backyard Time Lapse

Welcome to the wonderful and sometimes frustrating world of time lapse. You might want to look up some deflickering software options. There is a free plug-in for virtual dub that will help you get better results.
Make sure you lock your white balance, focus, and try shooting all-manual when you have consistent lighting conditions.
Oren Arieli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 3rd, 2012, 03:54 PM   #3
Inner Circle

Re: Backyard Time Lapse

You might look into a strong ND filter for time lapse shooting, though that might not be practical for the fisheye. With a strong ND (at least three stops), you can increase the shutter time and that will smooth out the jitters. Also, stopping down the lens allows longer shutter times.

One tip when stopping down a Canon lens for timelapse... press and hold the DOF preview button and partially untwist the lens. This stops the camera from opening and closing the aperture for each photo. That maintains a consistent aperture size and shape, eliminating flicker.

Enjoy!

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD > EOS Crop Sensor (APS-C) Sample Clips Gallery