Quick B&W flick with the 5Dm2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Full Frame for HD > EOS Full Frame Sample Clips Gallery

EOS Full Frame Sample Clips Gallery
Post your 1D / 5D / 6D clips here... Vimeo links will automatically embed a player right in the post.

Old December 12th, 2008, 06:19 PM   #1
Quick B&W flick with the 5Dm2
James Miller James Miller is offline December 12th, 2008, 06:19 PM

Cuckfield Christmas Fair on Vimeo

Very quick black & white sequence taken with the Canon 5D Mark II using the 17-40 f4L.

Hand held pretty shaky stuff at times but without the 5D I probably would not have taken any video.

Gets a bit grainy here and there and that could have been mostly avoided with more care but I didn't set out to make this an epic, It was a family trip down the high street.

James

James Miller
Major Player
Views: 1495
Old December 14th, 2008, 01:19 AM   #2
Major Player

I like the high-contrast look. The wide shots, with dark shoppers against wet pavement, are interesting. The camera really helped you with all that detail, didn't it?
John Sandel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 14th, 2008, 02:56 AM   #3
Major Player

Hi John,

This little camera is great, its does such a good job of seeing into the dark but I tend to over expose the image and introduce more noise than needed. I think this is due to the angle of the screen and the brightness when recording.

I have turned the screen to manual brightness but you are then faced with a overly bright screen in he dark. I just need to find my feet on this.

It would be great if you could come out of 'Live View' and still record video looking through the view finder.
James Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 15th, 2008, 10:32 AM   #4
New Boot

Hi James,

I really liked your video and choice of shoots and B/W. How do you like the 17-40mm f4 while shooting video?
I am interested in getting this camera and this particular lens. It seems that the 5DmkII can push this lens even more because of it's high ISO capabilities.

If you have time, it would be great to hear any feedback with this system so far.
Michael D. Shivers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 15th, 2008, 12:59 PM   #5
Major Player

Hi Michael,

I do love this lens for video it's got to be one for the bag. I have it attached all the time at the moment. It's got enough DOF for good effect and f4 is a good balance with video on the camera, they are also cheap for L lenses around £450 on fleabay.

James
Old December 15th, 2008, 08:16 PM   #6
Regular Crew

Well... there may have been a series of happy accidents involved, but I really love the final look.

I also like that version of Let All Mortal Flesh Keep Silence / Carol of the Bells. Do you mind sharing who performed that version, or where I can find that album/single?
Robert Huber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 16th, 2008, 01:52 AM   #7
Major Player

Hi Robert,

Carol of the Bells - Christmas Piano Player - No artist information
Itunes store link (UK)

http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/M...90001&s=143444
Old December 16th, 2008, 12:16 PM   #8
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Huber View Post
Well... there may have been a series of happy accidents involved, but I really love the final look.

I also like that version of Let All Mortal Flesh Keep Silence / Carol of the Bells. Do you mind sharing who performed that version, or where I can find that album/single?
Happy accidents like this are exactly why video-slrs are going to have a big impact.
Great eyes man.
Josh Brusin is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Full Frame for HD > EOS Full Frame Sample Clips Gallery