My second video from Africa at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Full Frame for HD > EOS Full Frame Sample Clips Gallery

EOS Full Frame Sample Clips Gallery
Post your 1D / 5D / 6D clips here... Vimeo links will automatically embed a player right in the post.

Old December 27th, 2008, 04:55 AM   #1
My second video from Africa
Dan Chung Dan Chung is offline December 27th, 2008, 04:55 AM

Merry Christmas to all, I've put a second video from my latest trip to Africa online 5DmkII in Uganda part 2 on Vimeo

I tried a lot of handheld focus pulls on this shoot to varying effect. I'm thinking about getting a Red Rock Micro follow focus, anyone had any experience of using one with the 5DmkII yet? Is there enough room to get it on with short lenses?

Dan

Dan Chung
Major Player
Views: 1680
Old December 27th, 2008, 06:15 AM   #2
Major Player

Dan, Another great video, I love the Nikon 17-35mm lens you are using.

Bob
Bob Thompson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 27th, 2008, 01:06 PM   #3
Major Player

Dan,
Give me a few days. I'm going to meet with Brian V from RR on Tuesday to work out a few kinks on my RR rails/RR-FF and RR-MB. I didn't buy the DSLR set up, since I already owned most of the gear, but I hit a snag that I'm hoping he can help me out with.
I'll know more Tuesday night. I might even be able to post a few pix of the rig.

By the way, your work is fantastic, as always.

Edit: After I walked away from my post here, it was bugging me. I wanted to qualify: My problems with my RedRock rig have nothing to do with the RR gear, and are exclusively due to me being an airhead at inconvenient times.
My experience with RR gear has been consistently positive in all ways; from the sales team to the forum support and especially the gear itself. Great stuff. I highly recommend RedRock for price and quality. And, no, I don't work for them in any way. I just like 'em.

Last edited by Matthew Roddy; December 27th, 2008 at 01:43 PM.
Matthew Roddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 27th, 2008, 02:21 PM   #4
Major Player

Matthew,

Sounds curious, I'd like to talk to Red Rock about my specific needs too. Maybe you could ask Brian to drop me a line.

Look forward to your findings.

Dan
Dan Chung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 27th, 2008, 08:37 PM   #5
Major Player

I'll forward him this thread, Dan. Consider it done.
Matthew Roddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 27th, 2008, 11:02 PM   #6
Major Player

Hi Dan

We've had good success with the 5D MKII and the microFollowFocus. We have the sliding quick release plate which allows you to push the lens further out over the rods so it's helpful for shorter lenses. Drop me a line and let me know what you are considering and maybe we can test it out for you

Nice work too :)

Brian
Brian Valente is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 28th, 2008, 01:55 AM   #7
Regular Crew

Hi Dan,

Very nice video!
Just one question; at about 1 min 44 sec I notice some colour banding on the blue sky. Is it the result of the strong compression used for vimeo or do you also notice it on your original video?

Dean
Dean Gill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 28th, 2008, 02:58 AM   #8
Major Player

Brian,

I'll drop you a line.

Dean,

As you say it's the compression.
Dan Chung is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Full Frame for HD > EOS Full Frame Sample Clips Gallery