DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   EOS Full Frame Sample Clips Gallery (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/eos-full-frame-sample-clips-gallery/)
-   -   Film and screen shots from Ostashdovo Orphanage in Russia (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/eos-full-frame-sample-clips-gallery/141266-film-screen-shots-ostashdovo-orphanage-russia.html)

Oleg Kalyan January 9th, 2009 05:09 PM

Film and screen shots from Ostashdovo Orphanage in Russia

With my colleagues Anton Egorov and Serge Nikoforov on the 7, 8th of January, we went some 300 miles from Moscow to the Russia heartland, close to the lake Seliger, to a foster home "Ostashkovo". Most of the children are ill there, so we gave our care, some gifts and as a matter of professional commitment and effort to help children, shot a video to be developed into social awareness film/clip.

Screen shots from the shoot, used 24mm f1.4 Canon, 50мм f1.2 Nikkor, and 100mm f2 macro Zeiss, also Canon 85mm f1.2.

Ostashkovo children

Don Miller January 10th, 2009 04:42 PM

Thanks for sharing, Oleg.

Oleg Kalyan January 11th, 2009 02:38 AM

You are welcome,
will post a link to a clip, when done..

By the way, the first photo has "natural" from the camera Quicktime look, the rest have stretched 0-255 RGB via Color.

I have to correct my English, it's an Orphanage, not a Foster Home.

Toenis Liivamaegi January 13th, 2009 09:20 AM

Oleg, are those direct frame grabs from the footage?
Greetings from Estonia!

T

Oleg Kalyan January 13th, 2009 01:31 PM

Toenis, Hello from Moscow!

Yes, they are, yet have to admit they are corrected in Color to bring full 0 255 RGB, except the very first shot (group of kids) and I realize they are somewhat optimized in Flicker.

Oleg Kalyan April 3rd, 2009 06:07 AM

Ok, the film/clip

done editing between payed jobs, it's a no charge project..

1 minute film
Ostashkovo orphanage 1min. By Oleg Kalyan On ExposureRoom

5 minute version
Ostashkovo Orphanage 5min. Film By Oleg Kalyan On ExposureRoom

thank you for watching

Daniel Ridicki April 7th, 2009 12:01 AM

Oleg

Could you say how did you make 30fps to 25 fps transfer. Thanks.

Ken Diewert April 7th, 2009 12:18 AM

Oleg,

That's a very nice piece... I have adopted a child, so it is particularly interesting to me. I have been thinking about getting the 5dmk11 - as I need a new still camera and already have some nice Canon glass - I may settle for the new Rebel, but that Full frame DOF looks very beautiful...

Oleg Kalyan April 8th, 2009 11:46 PM

Thanks for watching.
For a BluRay disc I do not do a 25p transfer, I leave it at 29.97. As far as I know,
all Bluray Players in Europe can read it,
same goes to SD DVDs, keep it at 29.97, most of the players and all the computers
read that frame rate.

I did try a 25p transfer, some moving shots may have a occasional frame stutter, its still OK.

Ken, thank you for letting us know about your adoption, from where was the child?