First 5D II wedding video - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Full Frame for HD > EOS Full Frame Sample Clips Gallery

EOS Full Frame Sample Clips Gallery
Post your 1D / 5D / 6D clips here... Vimeo links will automatically embed a player right in the post.

Old January 12th, 2009, 01:02 PM  
First 5D II wedding video
Vladimir Chaloupka Vladimir Chaloupka is offline January 12th, 2009, 01:02 PM

Here is my first 5D II wedding video shoot from Saturday:

Bonnie and Matt on Vimeo

I have a short write up on the Vimeo info page about lenses, etc. For sure it's harder working with those cameras than your standard camcorders (the WB was killing me!) but it is pretty satisfying!

Vladimir Chaloupka
Regular Crew
Views: 4469
Old January 14th, 2009, 12:00 PM   #16
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vladimir Chaloupka View Post
I'm concerned that a couple people reported the video played back jerky? Is anyone else seeing this? On both my desktop and laptop it plays pretty smooth on Vimeo
Plays smooth for me.
Again, amazing video! Great cinematography!
Jack Tran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 14th, 2009, 11:42 PM   #17
Major Player

Vladimir,
This played good for me too. I have to say this is the best 5d footage I've seen. Great stuff. I too was a little thrown off by the people talking with no audio. I wanted to ask about RAdiohead. Did the couple choose this song?, and wow what a good choice. Thanks for posting. This makes me cry that I have to continue to edit stuff shot with my A1s because a real video camera like this doesn't exist yet.
Bill
Old January 15th, 2009, 01:26 AM   #18
Inner Circle

Very smooth. The sensor is amazing.
Jeff Harper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 15th, 2009, 03:52 AM   #19
Regular Crew

Thank you! :-)
Old January 15th, 2009, 11:04 AM   #20
Inner Circle

I agree Bill. I have two new FX1000s and they don't hold a candle to this footage. It is very frustrating. In the photo store the other day I was shown how large the sensors are on the Canon and I couldn't believe HOW large they are. It is no wonder they record such awesome images.
Old January 15th, 2009, 11:29 AM   #21
Inner Circle

[QUOTE=Jeff Harper;995415]I agree Bill. I have two new FX1000s and they don't hold a candle to this footage. It is very frustrating./QUOTE]

Don't get too frustrated Jeff. You know what they say - highly successful films gather such adjectives because their audio is good, and your audio capture has a lot more potential than a bare 5D. Big chips certainly see well in the dark and allow you to control the dof with more finesse, but look - you have a 20x zoom at your fingertips, your camera has a swivelling turning, twisting screen, you can shoot for an hour non-stop and I bet your Blu-rays slap your clients awake.

Successful filmmaking is much more to do with your shooting and editing decisions than ever it is to do with your kit, believe me. So go forth with those FX1000s; remember that if time-travel could take you back 10 years the Hi-8 videographers would fall unconscious at your feet in gob-smacked shock and awe. All things are relative.

Yet you and I and Vlad know this: your brain makes the movie. The camcorder is but a senseless lump of magnesium and glass. It sits there, dumb, waiting for input, any input. Then like an obiedient moron it does what it's told, no more and no less.

tom.
Tom Hardwick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 15th, 2009, 11:38 AM   #22
Inner Circle

All you say is true, Tom. But this camera is on my list anyway! I don't know what I'd do with it, but I want one!
Old January 15th, 2009, 12:45 PM   #23
Inner Circle

Nicely said, Tom. I'd rather have a movie with a great script, acting, editing and sound, than a crummy movie shot on a nice camera.

That said, shallow DOF, high resolution, great color and effective diffusion combine to make an emotional impact. Just look at a stunning still photo. There's no dialog, acting, time-based editing or sound, but a great photo can be breathtaking.

Having the potential to combine the emotions of great photos with the dynamics of film is an amazing opportunity.
Old January 15th, 2009, 01:02 PM   #24
Go Go Godzilla

This is by far the best wedding video I've ever seen. Period. There's no "video" camera on the market today - at any price-point - that matches the DOF characteristics, color rendition and almost grainless output. Sure, you can spend tens of thousands on putting special rigs on video cameras to get 35mm-like DOF but you're still dealing with noisy and far more costly cameras and media to start with.

As I've said before a DSLR isn't an *ideal* video platform simply because of form factor and lack of manual controls. But as this video proves, if you know the limitations of the equipment and how to overcome them then it just doesn't matter. Does it?!

This clip firmly proves that DSLR videography is here to stay and the vid-cam manufacturers need to rethink their technology from the ground up.

Vladimir: Great job!
Robert Lane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 16th, 2009, 01:31 PM   #25
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Lane View Post
This is by far the best wedding video I've ever seen. Period. There's no "video" camera on the market today - at any price-point - that matches the DOF characteristics, color rendition and almost grainless output. Sure, you can spend tens of thousands on putting special rigs on video cameras to get 35mm-like DOF but you're still dealing with noisy and far more costly cameras and media to start with.

As I've said before a DSLR isn't an *ideal* video platform simply because of form factor and lack of manual controls. But as this video proves, if you know the limitations of the equipment and how to overcome them then it just doesn't matter. Does it?!

This clip firmly proves that DSLR videography is here to stay and the vid-cam manufacturers need to rethink their technology from the ground up.

Vladimir: Great job!
Thanks Robert--you made my day!!

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Full Frame for HD > EOS Full Frame Sample Clips Gallery