Music Video shot in Paris with Canon 5D MkII at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Full Frame for HD > EOS Full Frame Sample Clips Gallery
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

EOS Full Frame Sample Clips Gallery
Post your 1D / 5D / 6D clips here... Vimeo links will automatically embed a player right in the post.

Old January 26th, 2009, 02:48 PM   #1
Music Video shot in Paris with Canon 5D MkII
Albrecht Gerlach Albrecht Gerlach is offline January 26th, 2009, 02:48 PM

Hello everyone,

just wanted to share this music video I shot for a French R&B singer in and around Paris.
A lot of shots were done with a Steadicam Merlin. Very handy for getting shakefree shots in places where you couldn't set up a tripod. (the shot in the restaurant and all the shots inside the car) Drawback is that I was limited to the lighter lenses like the 28mm 1,8 and the 50 1,4. On the tripod shots we used a 24-105. Please send any questions or comments.

Monica, "Diga" on Vimeo

Greetings from Paris, Albrecht

Albrecht Gerlach
Tourist
Views: 4205
Old January 26th, 2009, 03:45 PM   #2
Major Player

Albrecht - nice vid! The lighting for the silohette shot is great. Your Merlin shots came out pretty smooth. Could you share the general settings? Were you able to balance the 24-105 at all?

Art
Art Varga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 26th, 2009, 03:52 PM   #3
Regular Crew

excellent video.

the acting was top notch. the editing was GREAT, as well as the lighting. Colour correction was very well done, and i liked the framing and those subtle pull focus, along with the steady shots they gave it a totally pro sheen.

was it too difficult to trick the camera before each shot to get the DOF, exposure and ISO you wanted? Did it take much time? That's my main concern with this camera (which im sonsidering getting), as it's not made to shoot properly and you have to waste a lot of time before each shot to set all things right.
Henry Coll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 26th, 2009, 04:08 PM   #4
Regular Crew

Hi,

Good work but I see is 30P .. how use the PAL TV stations in French ?
30P to 25 conversion make a blury frames...or not ?
Pond5 – the world’s first web-based stock footage marketplace –
Robert Batta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 27th, 2009, 05:01 AM   #5
Regular Crew

Hallo Albrecht, I would be really greatful if you woul tell me your expierence with the Merlin Steadicam. I am trying to find a good solution for shooting and I thought to buy one for my Canon 5D II.
Edouard Saba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 27th, 2009, 11:09 PM   #6
Regular Crew

Really nice...and great music too. Since you don't mention otherwise I assume you were using Canon lenses, so I'll ask the obvious question: how did you get manual control over the camera?

I'm also very interested on how you set up with the Merlin. I was at a dealer's in the UK last month and they just couldn't get the 5d2 + 35mm 1.4 to balance.
Jeremy Nicholl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 28th, 2009, 11:21 AM   #7
Regular Crew

Great job Albrecht!

Highly aesthetic.
I would also like to know how did you abridge the 30p to 25p problem.
Also, which software you used for editing, and is it possible to mig 30p and 25p on the same timeline. Thanks.
Daniel Ridicki is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Full Frame for HD > EOS Full Frame Sample Clips Gallery