Canon EOS 5 Mark 2 Expedition at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Full Frame for HD > EOS Full Frame Sample Clips Gallery
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

EOS Full Frame Sample Clips Gallery
Post your 1D / 5D / 6D clips here... Vimeo links will automatically embed a player right in the post.

Old February 1st, 2009, 04:41 PM   #1
Canon EOS 5 Mark 2 Expedition
Bob Thompson Bob Thompson is offline February 1st, 2009, 04:41 PM

I found this video, it apparently is in Swiss but it is IMHO one one the best videos produced with this camera, I would love to know what it is all about.

MK2 HD

Bob Thompson
Major Player
Views: 2364
Old February 2nd, 2009, 10:27 AM   #2
New Boot

Ok I’m form Switzerland so I try to translate the essence of this video.

This is a two day trip in Switzerland to test the Canon 5DMKII. It is done by two guys from Swiss national television (www.sf.tv). They had one week to test the cameras. I assume it was done to check if the camera can be used for some serious work.

The first day was shot on the road from Bern to the French part of Switzerland. The chopper flight was, not planed in the beginning but when they saw the hot Air balloon they thought it would be cool to have some aerial shots.

On day two they went to gruyere castle and tested the in camera contrast settings. Afterwards they did the winter landscape near Fribourg. After that they headed back to the TPC studios where the swiss national tv station produces shows like Arena or the nation News. They shot some studio material to check how the camera is going to handle it.

Now they went to a club to test the low light capabilities of the 5dMK2.

In the end they speak about the pros and cons of the cam. Nothing new here for a DVinfo member.

Hope this helps. Cheers

Last edited by Xander Shorno; February 2nd, 2009 at 03:19 PM.
Xander Shorno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 2nd, 2009, 03:20 PM   #3
Major Player

Xander, Thank you very much for taking the time to translate the video.

Did they mention how they achieved the high & low contrast shot ?

Bob
Bob Thompson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 2nd, 2009, 03:30 PM   #4
New Boot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Thompson View Post
Xander, Thank you very much for taking the time to translate the video.

Did they mention how they achieved the high & low contrast shot ?

Bob
Yes they did talk about the in camera contrast settings. In one shot they did set the contrast to high to demonstrate crushed blacks and blown out highlight. In direct sunlight or other contrasty situation they recommend setting the contrast to low. I do not know how they exactly did set the contrast values in the camera. I guess it is a simple setting in the menu somewhere. (Unfortunately I do not have access to a 5DMKII so may be someone else can jump in here)
Xander Shorno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 2nd, 2009, 09:21 PM   #5
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xander Shorno View Post
Yes they did talk about the in camera contrast settings. In one shot they did set the contrast to high to demonstrate crushed blacks and blown out highlight. In direct sunlight or other contrasty situation they recommend setting the contrast to low. I do not know how they exactly did set the contrast values in the camera. I guess it is a simple setting in the menu somewhere. (Unfortunately I do not have access to a 5DMKII so may be someone else can jump in here)
Picture style settings work in video as well as stills.
Mark Hahn is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Full Frame for HD > EOS Full Frame Sample Clips Gallery