DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   EOS Full Frame Sample Clips Gallery (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/eos-full-frame-sample-clips-gallery/)
-   -   Family, happy baby clip shot on 5D with some light (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/eos-full-frame-sample-clips-gallery/146051-family-happy-baby-clip-shot-5d-some-light.html)

Oleg Kalyan March 17th, 2009 03:59 PM

Family, happy baby clip shot on 5D with some light

O-K : photos : MichelatHome- powered by SmugMug

one more link to the same clip
Michel@Home_March2009 By Oleg Kalyan On ExposureRoom

Please let me know what you think

Cheers!

Oleg Kalyan March 18th, 2009 11:40 AM

redone it a bit, new link
Michel@Home By Oleg Kalyan On ExposureRoom

Rick Hill March 18th, 2009 11:42 AM

Very Nice.

I could swear I saw interlace artifacts, though. (???)

Oleg Kalyan March 18th, 2009 11:49 AM

Rick, thank you, probably it just the way it plays of the internet..

Joe Wentrup March 18th, 2009 06:42 PM

Hello Oleg. I didn't see any interlacing but played it in lower res due to my small bandwith. Nice work, very shallow DOF - maybe a bit too shallow with all the problems that this provokes. But you saved your work gently ;)

What lenses did you use? What kind of lightning? Some shots seem to be done with a dolly?

And by the way: That woman is very beautiful :)

Oleg Kalyan March 18th, 2009 07:43 PM

Joe, thank you,
I've used a custom made slider. Kinoflo 4 bank, 4 footer.
the lens for the most part Nikkor 50mm F1.2 shot at 1.4 few times wide open.
also Canon 70 200 IS 2.8

Rick Hill March 18th, 2009 08:49 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Note the upper right edge of the book in this capture. Looks like interlacing artifacts to me (or more to the point deinterlacing artifacts since my computer plays back progressive).

I wonder how progressive source gets to interlaced?

Oleg Kalyan March 18th, 2009 09:02 PM

Rick,

I'll check if deinterlacing was on when I encoded the file.
Thank you for your observation.

Tyler Franco March 19th, 2009 12:34 AM

Very Nice, Oleg. I think I do see some interlacing artifacts as well. Would you mind explaining your custom made slider? The shots were wonderful.

Oleg Kalyan March 19th, 2009 02:04 AM

Tyler, thank you, I will reencode material later on.
The slider that was made for me is on the tripod, so it actually rotates on a 100mm head, on top of the slider there is another small head, that can also pan and tilt while moving along.
Hope it helps.

Michael Friedman March 19th, 2009 02:28 AM

Really nice work!

Toenis Liivamaegi March 19th, 2009 04:36 AM

Oleg, greetings from Estonia!

Nice to see an insight to a family, for me it has kind of deeper anthropological aspect - how people live in or near Moscow(?) and maybe even how they want to be seen.
It shows so many real things that it is really fascinating to watch - those red toe nails in the middle of the day, yellowish tan from sunbedding, classicist wooden wall panels, modern vases and big snowy garden, almost empty...
... how inocent are the children, how unspoiled and sincere compared to grownups.
It has kind of a sad subtone - like the emptiness after a dream comes true.
It has that certain social reflection to it that when watched after twenty years it will recall for what they/we lived for.

It could wery well be an anthropological film for festivals.

Is it your family? As it looks like a really well executed paid job (except the focusing sound). But in the other hand there is no father around.

Anyhow, if not anything above this sort of video cold be quite a good product besides weddings and such.

Cheers,
T

Thane Brooker March 19th, 2009 05:00 AM

Thanks for sharing that, it is very enjoyable to watch, and that is what it's all about!

I love the colour of the outdoor shots, e.g. at 02:54. They are a lot warmer than the indoor shots and look so natural.

Oleg Kalyan March 20th, 2009 12:11 AM

Thanks everyone,

Checked it, it was from interlased timeline.
re encoding the video, will post a newer deinterlaced clip pretty soon.

Toenis, thank you
I wanted to have that a video a documentary look and feel, with possibly some some symbollic elments, did not think in terms of cultural anthropology.
Good that you find it as a study. Don't you think that any video that goes in some depth can be called anropological?

Yes, there is some opposition between "culture" and "nature", warm sun rays outside the window falling on the face and cold colors inside, seemingly abandoned garden from inside the house. Thane thank you for noticing colors.

If one can notice "a universal human nature", good for you!
Weddings approach can be quite similar, anthropological, thank you, although emotional part and glamour has a greater meaning there.

I got paid for it, you are right... where was the father? At work, as you could imagine, making money for the family and part of it went into this clip production :)

Oleg Kalyan March 20th, 2009 05:28 AM

re encoded, a new link
O-K : photos : Michelle@Home- powered by SmugMug