DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   EOS Full Frame Sample Clips Gallery (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/eos-full-frame-sample-clips-gallery/)
-   -   Feature film shot on 5D MK ii (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/eos-full-frame-sample-clips-gallery/146947-feature-film-shot-5d-mk-ii.html)

Julius Tan March 30th, 2009 08:44 AM

Feature film shot on 5D MK ii

Here it is Searching For Sonny: first feature film shot on a DSLR

Luke Tingle March 30th, 2009 09:08 AM

wow, trailer looks great.

Dylan Couper March 30th, 2009 09:46 AM

Clean footage but boring trailer.

Matthew Roddy March 30th, 2009 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dylan Couper (Post 1035868)
Clean footage but boring trailer.

Agreed. NICE look, but do I care where Sonny went? It was a short trailer. Give us another 20 seconds of why we want to know about Sonny. Invest us somehow.

Still, great job in getting a full feature shot with the 5D2! Any stories to tell?

Chris Barcellos March 30th, 2009 12:23 PM

How did you handle sound for this shoot ?

Brant Gajda March 30th, 2009 12:41 PM

Obviously from the Trailer, you can't tell too much about the movie, but really cool that they are using the 5D Mark II for a feature film.

Peter Moretti March 30th, 2009 04:35 PM

The trailer may not have any kind of act structure, but the composition of the shots is very very nice. Really impressed.

Peer Landa March 30th, 2009 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matthew Roddy (Post 1035937)
NICE look, but do I care where Sonny went? It was a short trailer. Give us another 20 seconds of why we want to know about Sonny. Invest us somehow.

I actually prefer short trailers rather than those revealing too much of the plot, and I agree it looks very nice. I wonder what aspect ratio that is, 2.39:1 or something..?

-- peer

Nick Hiltgen March 30th, 2009 07:56 PM

I read a synopsis somewhere and it made me much more interested then the trailer did, that being said the trailer at least looked like a movie...

Dylan Couper March 30th, 2009 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peer Landa (Post 1036149)
I actually prefer short trailers rather than those revealing too much of the plot, and I agree it looks very nice. I wonder what aspect ratio that is, 2.39:1 or something..?

-- peer

A trailer's job isn't to reveal the plot of the movie though... it's to make you want to pay $10 to go see it. In this case, the trailer makes me want to pay $10 NOT to see it.

Oleg Kalyan March 31st, 2009 08:43 AM

Good directing, camera moves, shots selection...seem to be cutting wrong...mid to mid, not too much variety that would have more characterizations... shots reflecting actual dynamics of the story.. Agree trailer could've done better, kind of bores me too.

Geoff Murrin March 31st, 2009 08:48 AM

Trailer was shot recently

Sorry I don't have the link, but I just saw this website about this project. This trailer was the only thing shot recently. No feature film has been shot with the camera yet, but that is the long term goal. They are using this trailer/website as a marketing tool to raise money to shoot the film I believe.

Jon Fairhurst March 31st, 2009 10:59 AM

The most impressive thing about the trailer has nothing to do with the video. It's that they got the funds and approval to license the song "Sonny".

Ralph Waylonis March 31st, 2009 11:44 AM

Get some Attention

Haha ... good one Jon. Sonny is just trying to get attention. If Canon paid us a little attention, we'd all be making our first feature with the 5d (nice Nikon lenses)!

Steev Dinkins March 31st, 2009 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Geoff Murrin (Post 1036527)
They are using this trailer/website as a marketing tool to raise money to shoot the film I believe.

Seems to be true. I don't want to bash on this too much, but if you advertise that it's the first feature film shot on DSLR, and you haven't actually shot, wrapped, edited, and now ready to distribute, how on earth do you feel that claim is worth spreading out to the world, and especially with the highly critical forum communities?

I like the look of the material - it's gorgeous like most other 5DMkII examples. But the marketing bugs the hell out of me. But I give you credit - people are talking about it! Then finding out it's not true. :P