DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   EOS Full Frame Sample Clips Gallery (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/eos-full-frame-sample-clips-gallery/)
-   -   Some shots from a recent project (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/eos-full-frame-sample-clips-gallery/235544-some-shots-recent-project.html)

Glen Elliott May 18th, 2009 02:36 AM

Some shots from a recent project

I see a bunch of people sharing their 5DmkII footage so I decided to post a few clips from the a music video I'm producing. The song is titled Unborn and the lyrics and story will cary a very poignant yet non aggressive pro life message. It's sung by a Contemporary Christian singer who happens to be my cousin. If your interested you can check out her music at CD Baby or on iTunes (search Caitlin Jane).

'Unborn' isn't on her first album but it is on her myspace page if you want to take a listen: caitlin jane on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads

Anyway here are a bunch of disjointed shots. Other than the three night/bedroom shots all imagery is directly out of camera and untouched. It'll all be graded for the final cut. Thanks for watching...

http://www.gmelliottvideo.com/unbornteaser.mov

Wayne Avanson May 18th, 2009 03:57 AM

great looking images Glen

How did you get the 'dolly into actress but stay in focus' shots? anything special?

Cheers
Avey

Glen Elliott May 18th, 2009 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wayne Avanson (Post 1144590)
great looking images Glen

How did you get the 'dolly into actress but stay in focus' shots? anything special?

Cheers
Avey

Very carefully pulling focus. Marked the points (start and end) on the follow focus and used them as guides as I trucked toward/away.

Spiro Hernandez May 18th, 2009 11:03 AM

Beautiful.

Can I ask - what technique(s) are you using to create the slow-mo effect?

Wayne Avanson May 18th, 2009 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Glen Elliott (Post 1144766)
Very carefully pulling focus. Marked the points (start and end) on the follow focus and used them as guides as I trucked toward/away.

Worked a treat. I only ask because Andrew Disney seemed to do something altogether more complicated in Looking for Sonny. So complicated I can't even remember off hand how he did it!

I'l going to try your method though as it's superb.

Cheers

Avey

Jon Fairhurst May 18th, 2009 12:55 PM

The only error I saw in the whole video is that the actress didn't support the baby's head when picking him up. ;)

Every scene looks great!

Glen Elliott May 21st, 2009 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spiro Hernandez (Post 1144781)
Beautiful.

Can I ask - what technique(s) are you using to create the slow-mo effect?

Not sure what you are referring to- there is no slow motion in any shots. ???

Spiro Hernandez May 21st, 2009 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Glen Elliott (Post 1146511)
Not sure what you are referring to- there is no slow motion in any shots. ???

Well, lets just pretend there's slo-mo. What technique would you use?

:)

OK, I feel slightly dumb. At around 22 seconds - where she sits down on the bathroom floor - I thought that was slo-mo. I guess it's just silky smooth motion!

Jon Fairhurst May 22nd, 2009 12:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spiro Hernandez (Post 1146631)
Well, lets just pretend there's slo-mo. What technique would you use?

For slow motion, Glen would say, "Okay, for this shot, move slowly." ;)

Of course, the simplest way to do slow motion is to put the 30p material on a 24p timeline and slow it down by 20%. That way, you get perfect 24p and slow motion all in one go.

For real slow motion, wait for Scarlet. As I recall, it will shoot 180 fps burst!

Ethan Cooper May 22nd, 2009 08:50 AM

looks great Glen. Every time I see shots out of the 5D I wonder if it's doing some in-camera noise reduction. Anyone know if this is happening?

How much if any artificial lighting are you using?