DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   EOS Full Frame Sample Clips Gallery (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/eos-full-frame-sample-clips-gallery/)
-   -   New York Pizza on the 5D (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/eos-full-frame-sample-clips-gallery/238630-new-york-pizza-5d.html)

Jon Carr July 8th, 2009 12:15 AM

New York Pizza on the 5D

I am wrapping up a series of testimonials for Grande Cheese. We shot at 4 restaurants in the New York area and used the 5D. This was filmed before the firmware update and we had to jump through the hoops but I think the footage looks great. I break down more of the details on my site and have posted two of the videos.

Jon Carr - Blog - New York PizzaTestimonials

Joshua Fulton July 8th, 2009 07:37 AM

You've managed to make pizza emotional. Congrats!!!

Denis OKeefe July 8th, 2009 08:09 AM

Nice job, you used the distinctive 35mm look well, and the mix of shots and sound tell a complete story in a short time. How long did you spend shooting each of the shops?
In your comments below the video you also mentioned a motorized tripod head - something I have been thinking about. Can you tell me more about that?

Tim Polster July 8th, 2009 08:29 AM

Very nice job.

This is quite an amazing tool as the shallow DOF look used to be reserved to film crews or bazooka setups.

I think for most of the shots the shallow DOF really worked well focussing me on the subject.

Although I felt like a few of the scenes had a little too shallow DOF like the two guys outside shaking hands and some of the driving secnes. Kind of had that dreamy look to it.

Just constructive criticism as I really liked it!

Thanks for sharing.

Mark Harmer July 8th, 2009 10:56 AM

Fab quality and really beautiful audio too.

Jon Nelson July 8th, 2009 11:03 AM

EXCELLENT WORK!

Care to tell us what lenses you used? What lighting? What post production workflow?

Thanks

Update... now I see all is answered on your blog!

Seth Mondragon July 8th, 2009 11:09 AM

Awesome stuff....love the timelapses, the interviews...everything! Now I'm hungry :)

In your blog entry you mentioned a motorized tripod mount. Do you mind sharing more info on that?

Thanks for posting!

-seth

Matthew Roddy July 8th, 2009 01:07 PM

Nicely done.
I look forward to your Reply to the questions above.

Good Show.

Jon Carr July 8th, 2009 04:12 PM

Pizza Videos

Seth and Denis check out milapse on Youtube. He has some great info on motorized mounts.
YouTube - milapse's Channel

Here is the motorized mount I used and it allowed us to do some panning time lapse shots with our DSLR's. This worked really well and I totally recommend it.
Telescope Warehouse : MILAPSES! They're BACK!

If you are interested I would check out Timescapes. Tom is doing some amazing things over on this site. Truly inspirational!
Timescapes

Let me know if you have any more questions.

Jon Carr July 8th, 2009 04:16 PM

Denis, we shot each video in a day. They were pretty long considering we had some large lighting setups and there were only two of us.

Jon Carr July 8th, 2009 04:18 PM

Hey everyone, thanks for watching and all the positive feedback. This project was a lot of fun and I am pumped about the 5D. My fingers are crossed for a 24p update.

Dave Contreras July 8th, 2009 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jon Carr (Post 1169027)
Hey everyone, thanks for watching and all the positive feedback. This project was a lot of fun and I am pumped about the 5D. My fingers are crossed for a 24p update.

Very nicely done, I really enjoyed it!

Jon Carr July 8th, 2009 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave Contreras (Post 1169042)
Very nicely done, I really enjoyed it!

Thanks for watching Dave.

Glen Elliott July 10th, 2009 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jon Carr (Post 1168644)
I am wrapping up a series of testimonials for Grande Cheese. We shot at 4 restaurants in the New York area and used the 5D. This was filmed before the firmware update and we had to jump through the hoops but I think the footage looks great. I break down more of the details on my site and have posted two of the videos.

Jon Carr - Blog - New York PizzaTestimonials

Great job with that Jon!

If I read correctly you weren't the DP?

Peter Damo July 12th, 2009 03:45 AM

You're right Jon it does look great. Nice blog. Good info there too. Can you tell me a little more about the 'modified Redrock Micro DSLR bundle'. Either not many people are using it or they're not writing about it. I would appreciate any details.