Model shoot in the desert at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Full Frame for HD > EOS Full Frame Sample Clips Gallery

EOS Full Frame Sample Clips Gallery
Post your 1D / 5D / 6D clips here... Vimeo links will automatically embed a player right in the post.

Old August 3rd, 2009, 11:51 AM   #1
Model shoot in the desert
Dave Contreras Dave Contreras is offline August 3rd, 2009, 11:51 AM

I don't post much here, I mostly lurk but I've learned a lot.

I helped a friend of mine out a few weeks back to shoot a BTS video of a photoshoot out in the desert. The conditions were horrid and I was under prepared. I just used my Mark II on a cheap tripod with a 200mm prime and the 24-105. It would have been nice to have a loupe and a more stable tripod but I'll worry about that next time.. oh, and changing lenses on a windy lake bed is a bad idea ;)

If anything, the model is gorgeous so she more than makes up for the mistakes I made LOL

model Nadege Dabrowski dry lake bed shoot on Vimeo

Enjoy!

Dave Contreras
Regular Crew
Views: 1983
Old August 3rd, 2009, 07:57 PM   #2
Trustee

I agree that Nadege is gorgeous. She'll be seen in photos again for sure. I disagree that you made too many mistakes. Some of your shots look better than the stills since the natural lighting didn't wash out so much color like the strobes. In particular, the section near 2:20 where she is wearing the blue top looks great. The lighting and exposure are just right and that f-stop and lens made the model look sharp with just enough blur in the background. The light and background gave her great color. A smoother tripod would be nice, but this type of video lends itself to the shorter takes that cover up occasional jitters.
Marcus Marchesseault is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 5th, 2009, 03:16 PM   #3
Wrangler

I like the music, who is it?
Old August 5th, 2009, 04:16 PM   #4
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus Marchesseault View Post
Some of your shots look better than the stills since the natural lighting didn't wash out so much color like the strobes.
I certainly agree -- I can't see any mistakes either, and with a little post grading it could've become the main piece (instead of the photoshoot).

-- peer
Old August 5th, 2009, 08:28 PM   #5
Major Player

That is awesome! I wish my video camera could shoot that well. You can sell this to Canon and they can use it as an advertisement for the camera. Great job. The model was hot as well.
Rob Morse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 14th, 2009, 09:18 AM   #6
Tourist

Location?

Hi Dave.

I think you were too hard on yourself, the video looks great. Btw, where did you guys shoot? Did you need a permit for the location?
Scott Ippolito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 14th, 2009, 10:58 AM   #7
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Morse View Post
That is awesome! I wish my video camera could shoot that well. You can sell this to Canon and they can use it as an advertisement for the camera. Great job. The model was hot as well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Ippolito View Post
Hi Dave.

I think you were too hard on yourself, the video looks great. Btw, where did you guys shoot? Did you need a permit for the location?
Thanks guys. I just think I would have been able to do better had I had a better tripod and a viewfinder. The tripod I had was too light and would shake quite a bit when the wind would pick up. Also, it was so bright outside that I couldn't see the view finder and had a hard time nailing the exposure. I had to throw out a lot of shots because they were either over or underexposed. Next time, I'm going to use a proper rig LOL

Thanks for viewing!
Dave Contreras is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Full Frame for HD > EOS Full Frame Sample Clips Gallery