Video portrait on the Sri Lankan Kaffir community at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Full Frame for HD > EOS Full Frame Sample Clips Gallery
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

EOS Full Frame Sample Clips Gallery
Post your 1D / 5D / 6D clips here... Vimeo links will automatically embed a player right in the post.

Old November 29th, 2009, 11:29 AM   #1
Video portrait on the Sri Lankan Kaffir community
Kannan Arunasalam Kannan Arunasalam is offline November 29th, 2009, 11:29 AM

'Kaffir culture' was my first project with the Mk II, mostly DIY!

I'm hoping to learn from this experience for future projects, especially greater use of the tripod and sorting out audio issues. The story and narration stemmed from an earlier piece I did for Radio Netherlands, but in future I would re-script for video versions.

Great to get feedback from the experts!

Kannan Arunasalam
Tourist
Views: 1366
Old December 6th, 2009, 10:12 PM   #2
Regular Crew

first, you have amazing narration skills, the colors of the footage are gorgeous, it was very nice knowing about the Kaffir people of Sri Lanka.

I have to ask, were you using the 5d built-in mic? You used 2 glasses for this presentation or just 1 or more?

thank you for bringing this presentation to us.
Old December 7th, 2009, 10:02 PM   #3
Tourist

Many thanks, Kalulu

The narration was recorded in the studio because it was originally a piece for Radio Netherlands. Almost all of the interviews with the Kaffir women were recorded using a Marantz PMD 620 and a cheap Sony mic. Not the best sound set up. The piece was done before Magic Lantern, so I am keen to try that out for the next piece :)

I used the kit lens (Canon EF 24 - 105 mm f/4) and the Canon EF 50 mm f/1.4. I was a bit disappointed with the nifty fifty for video at even moderate ISO levels for the night shots.
Kannan Arunasalam is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Full Frame for HD > EOS Full Frame Sample Clips Gallery