Wedding got over 400,000 plays in 8 days!! at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Full Frame for HD > EOS Full Frame Sample Clips Gallery
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

EOS Full Frame Sample Clips Gallery
Post your 1D / 5D / 6D clips here... Vimeo links will automatically embed a player right in the post.

Old November 5th, 2010, 11:17 AM   #1
Wedding got over 400,000 plays in 8 days!!
Michael Padilla Michael Padilla is offline November 5th, 2010, 11:17 AM

Hi Guys, I thought I'd post some of our new work; this one has been played on vimeo over 400,000 times and counting (OMGosh!)

Video:

We also posted a "Shooters Commentary" of this video here:
We hope it can serve as being both entertaining and somewhat informative!

All 5DM2 work

Blessings,

Michael Padilla / VisualMasterpiece

Oh.. and the polls for eventDV top25 just opened :D EventDV.net: The Event Videographer's Resource
if you enjoyed these pieces please take a moment and cast a vote for us.. we would be honored!! We're doing a ton of educational stuff this year too so keep in touch!

Michael Padilla
Major Player
Views: 4157
Old November 7th, 2010, 04:46 PM   #2
Trustee

Wonderful footage, Michael and great editing!
Superb job on the steadicam, especially on the staircase... I use the 17mm a lot, but this makes me think maybe of trying the 14mm more in the future on steadicam shots.

I find it strange that they actually used the iphone at the wedding... but it certainly made it unique and very different! :)
Old November 8th, 2010, 01:14 PM   #3
Major Player

Thanks

Tony the biggest problem with the 14mm is the price (ouch). Otherwise it's a great lens!
The biggest advantage for steady cam work is the hyper focal distance of 3 feet (set focus to infinity and anything beyond 3 ft is in focus). This really helps. Additionally over the 17-40mm, this lens has an f-stop of 2.8. Also don't buy a version 1 just because it's more affordable... You won't be happy.
Old November 8th, 2010, 01:27 PM   #4
Trustee

Thank you for the information Michael.
I was actually referring to the 17-35mm f/2.8 L rather than the f/4 lens.
Old November 8th, 2010, 02:05 PM   #5
Major Player

Ah.. older lens then.. I've used the 16-35 2.8 II and thought that was a really nice and flexible lens.. is it worth the upgrade to the 14mm?? Hard to say for the price jump, but generally if you plan on doing lots of steadicam work I would suggest so. Also on the 7D the 14mm equivalent to about a 24mm.
Old November 8th, 2010, 03:31 PM   #6
Trustee

I don't plan on 'upgrading' the 17-35mm 2.8 zoom because I use it a heck of a lot for both stills and video above and below water. I was just thinking of adding the 14mm to my list of Canons and Nikkors. I like the 15mm MF Nikkor but the 14mm AF lens might be worth trying out. I tend to use MF for most of my steadicam and underwater work, so maybe it would be wise to rent the 14mm II version for a try. I was not too impressed with the earlier 14mm L lens which exibited bad flare and very soft corners unless well stopped down, although judging by the reviews this new lens fixes most of the problems.
Old November 15th, 2010, 06:18 PM   #7
New Boot

thats a pretty awesome wedding video. the music really fits the cutting and color correction is a dream. im not doing wedding videos but this one is pretty damn nice and kind of tells a story like a little short.

damn sharp everything. is this because of the L glass or more from the 3 feet focal length? wow awesome stuff, thank you for sharing the video and the great commentary.

cheers
Xin Jin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 15th, 2010, 11:16 PM   #8
Major Player

Thanks for watching the commentary - we were using mostly L series glass with the exception being the zeiss 35 and the sigma macro for the ring shot. The hyper focal distance of 3 feet is regarding the 14mm lens only, but yeah its a very nice lens.

Last edited by Michael Padilla; November 16th, 2010 at 10:18 AM.
Michael Padilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 16th, 2010, 04:18 AM   #9
Major Player

Michael, wonderful video and I really like the "Shooters Commentary" its loaded with information.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Full Frame for HD > EOS Full Frame Sample Clips Gallery