Semi "Portable" tapeless solutions HDMI HDSDI COMP > H264 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > External Recording Various Topics

Old December 28th, 2008, 03:53 PM   #1
Major Player

Semi "Portable" tapeless solutions HDMI HDSDI COMP > H264

The Panasonic HMC 150 and the growing support for Mpeg 4 H264 triggered me to look at products available as possible "portable" recording solutions coming from HDSDI & HDMI to
H264.

I think the HMC 150 max out @ 24-25 m/bits/h264. Obviously the max bit rates of the following recording / encoding devices as well as the purchase price will be the main factors.

1) dicas - MPEG-4 AVC, H.264, 3GPP encoder, decoder and video streaming

2) Streamtel - CAPTIVA-4 MULTI HD/SD Multi-Channel encoder

3) Broadcast&Brodband Products

The last device from ateme / "Kyrion tape to file" seems like a prospective solution.
The Kyrion's datasheet pdf is available on their site.

I am purely investigating a possible more affordable way of "Portable" recording solutions via HDSDI & HDMI.

Any comments or help in this regard will be appreciated.

It's nearly 2009 - I am financially ruined after Christmas with one objective for the new year - To find a sound , affordable , portable quality medium for recording from HDSDI. There must be a way out......

Greetings from the third world.
Herman Van Deventer is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > External Recording Various Topics