Frankenstore - Page 5 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > External Recording Various Topics
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Old May 1st, 2007, 07:15 AM   #61
Regular Crew

You have sussed me out completely Daniel! Thank you, it is like having my own personal psychologist. I have not heard of retrofit syndrome before, but it is definitely what I have, and I don't see why anything should be made obsolete.
I like your reference to HDV, a format that I think is highly suspect, mainly because I can't afford it. I did some HDV camerawork (local college cameras) on a music video six months ago, and my friends are still editing what should have taken about three weeks maximum if it had been done on DVCAM.
Coming soon on Frankenstore:
1. A JVC KY-15 camera that records to an Archos AV500.
2. An AAEON PCM-6896 mini pc mounted in an unfeasibly small enclosure complete with keyboard and touchscreen. Again this is for capturing stuff or editing in the field.
There are loads of other bits and bobs I have developed that are connected with video production, but not D2D. Perhaps I could put them on a different forum.
Neil Goodwill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 31st, 2007, 03:55 PM   #62
Regular Crew

I don't own an HVX200 myself,so I'm not quite sure how it all works, but has anyone ever thought of trying to make their own p2 card, instead of their own firestore? Perhaps even using something like this: http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?...e=14&doy=31m10

In conjunction with an 8gb SDcard, and seeing if the HVX recognises it as a p2 card.My guess would be no, but if I had an HVX200 I'd give it a go myself,since don't p2 cards have PCMCIA interfaces?
Louis Demontez is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > External Recording Various Topics