HDV support at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > External Recording Various Topics
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Old March 23rd, 2004, 08:11 AM   #1
New Boot

HDV support

For Matt McEwen

Does Focus Enhancements plan on adding support for the HDV format that JVC is using and that Pinnacle is planning for the Liquid software line in the fall?

Thanks
Ted Roberts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 24th, 2004, 09:58 AM   #2
Focus Enhancements

Hi Ted,

All I can say at this stage is we will be showing a bunch of new FireStore related stuff at NAB this year. Come past our booth at SL3501. It would be great to meet some of you from dvinfo.net!

If you won't be at NAB, I'll do my best to post new information to the forum.

Matt McEwen
Matt McEwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 24th, 2004, 10:12 AM   #3
New Boot

See You There!

See You There!
Ted Roberts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 31st, 2004, 12:23 PM   #4

seems to me, it would be MUCH better if the focus enhancements FS-3 recorded in the same MPEG format that is used by Cineform's Connect HD
Bill Ravens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 17th, 2004, 08:46 AM   #5
Focus Enhancements

Ted, Bill...I posted this to the FireStore dvinfo forum, but thought I would give you a heads up...see you at NAB!

New Formats for FireStore DTE Technology at NAB

FOCUS Enhancements Showcases Latest FireStore Direct To Edit Technology at NAB
Wednesday April 14, 2:37 pm ET

Integrates Four New File Formats: HDV, MXF, 24p and Pinnacle's Liquid Edition and Vortex

CAMPBELL, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--April 14, 2004--FOCUS Enhancements Inc. (Nasdaq:FCSE - News), a worldwide leader in video production and conversion technology, today announced that it will demonstrate four new file formats for the company's Direct To Edit (DTE) Technology at the National Association of Broadcasters (NAB) tradeshow in Las Vegas, April 19th-22nd at five booths, including its own, booth number SL3501.

HDV -- As a new supporter of the high-definition video (HDV) forum established by Canon, Sharp, Sony and JVC in September 2003, FOCUS Enhancements will showcase HDV support on the FireStore platform using a working model to record and play 720p and 1080i MPEG-2 streams.

MXF -- The company will demonstrate Media Exchange Format (MXF) file transfer capability by recording on a FireStore FS-3 with prototype software and importing into Snell & Wilcox's MXF Desktop application. FOCUS Enhancements intends to integrate the open industry and platform-independent MXF format into future FireStore products as non-linear edit (NLE) manufacturers migrate to this evolving format.

24p QuickTime and 24p AVI Type 2 -- With the popularity of the 24p DV format, FOCUS Enhancements has added 24p support to QuickTime and AVI Type-2 DTE formats to FireStore, which will enable users of camcorders such as the Panasonic AG-DVX100A to access DTE Technology within native 24p NLE applications, including Apple Final Cut Pro and Sony Vegas Video. This will be demonstrated on a FireStore FS-3 with prototype software.

Pinnacle Liquid Edition and Vortex native file formats -- FOCUS Enhancements has in beta software enabling FireStore DR-DV5000 and FS-3 to support for Pinnacle's Liquid Edition DV editing products and Vortex News solutions.

Matt McEwen, product manager for FOCUS Enhancements, stated, "The ability to constantly adapt DTE Technology to the changing needs of the digital video market has always been a primary competitive advantage for FireStore and other partner products featuring our technology. Demonstrating four of the newest file formats in the professional video market illustrates FOCUS Enhancements commitment to continually advance video technology."

Ongoing demos will be held at the FOCUS Enhancements booth #SL3501, the JVC Professional booth #C4728, the Avid Developer Pavilion booth #SL5260M, the Canon booth #SU9649, and the Miranda booth #SU10129, during the NAB tradeshow in Las Vegas April 19-22, 2004.
Matt McEwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 19th, 2004, 05:25 PM   #6

Thanks for that news!

Jerry Jones
http://www.jonesgroup.net
Jerry Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 24th, 2004, 09:18 AM   #7
MPS Digital Studios

Please keep us all up-to-date! I've posted a link to this post over on the HDV board.

Thanks,

heath
Old July 16th, 2004, 10:37 AM   #8
Major Player

Does it mean our FS3 needs an HW update to record HDV ??? or a simple SW update will enable ti work...As of now I am not using HDV but just wondering what if in future i buy HDV product ...

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > External Recording Various Topics