Field Audio Mixer with 4 inputs and 4 outputs at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > External Recording Various Topics

Old June 24th, 2009, 04:05 PM   #1
Major Player

Field Audio Mixer with 4 inputs and 4 outputs

Hi, I was wondering, if there is a mixer for field, but with 4 inputs and it is important to have 4 outputs.

Technically speaking this is what I want to do. I want to have 4 sources of audio channels, recorded to RED One camera, but as you might know, to do balance of the sound, to avoid peaking and other problems, you have to go to the camera menu to change the levels. So, I want to design a system, where audio sources go thru a mixer, and each channel is leveled before sending to RED. Maybe there is a better solution you can recommend, as I have described what I want to do.

I would appreciate your timely input. Phantom power is nessesary of course. And as anybody and as always affordable but good quality :)

Thanks in advance

www.sarke.ge
----------------

Last edited by Levan Bakhia; June 24th, 2009 at 04:17 PM. Reason: Upss sorry wrong place to post this.
Levan Bakhia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 24th, 2009, 04:16 PM   #2
Major Player

oh, and if there is a single unit, 4 channel transmitter/receiver, that would remove cables from my solution. Let me know :)

www.sarke.ge
----------------
Old August 23rd, 2009, 03:19 PM   #3
Inner Circle

Dear Levan,

Have you considered the Sound Devices 442 Mixer?

It has four inputs and four isolated outputs.

442 Field Mixer | Sound Devices, LLC

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > External Recording Various Topics