datavideo dvbank recorder at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > External Recording Various Topics

Old September 13th, 2004, 08:51 AM   #1
Regular Crew

datavideo dvbank recorder

Anybody own one of these babies? I saw them on videoguys for a fair bit cheaper than the nNovia but you usually get what you pay for. It seems very similarly specced to the nNovia though.
Tung Bui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 13th, 2004, 10:22 AM   #2
Regular Crew

Well I'll answer my own question after doing a search. This product has been around since last year and I dont know if they have released a new version yet. Looks like they use the standard ide drives not the laptop version so it is quite a lump 25cm deep! definitely unmountable.
Secondly the drive does not record in avi or mov formats but dv so it needs to be re encoded in real time if you want to load it into your computers hardrive- what the hell? ridiculous.
Cost is half a grand less nNovia which is significantly more portable and functional.

Looks like nNovia and Firestore are the only viable options. Pity about the cost though like every other accessory we need to make the camera's work matteboxes/tripods/lights etc.
Tung Bui is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > External Recording Various Topics