USB 2.0 Portable Hard Drive/Data Bank at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > External Recording Various Topics
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Old May 22nd, 2005, 06:33 AM   #1
Major Player

USB 2.0 Portable Hard Drive/Data Bank

hi all,

can anyone recommend a USB 2.0 portable hard drive or data bank?

is there anyway of connecting a compact flash card reader to a USB 2.0 portable to use it as a data bank?

or are there any reasonably priced data banks which can also act as a USB 2.0 hard drive?

i may be mistaken but i thought i'd seen a USB switch which connects in-line between a memory card reader & USB hard drive which allows data from a digital camera memory card to be transferred to the hard drive without a PC or laptop. does anyone know if this is available?
James Darren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 23rd, 2005, 03:38 PM   #2
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Darren
hi all,

can anyone recommend a USB 2.0 portable hard drive or data bank?
The most cost-friendly path is to buy a hard drive of whatever size you desire and go to new egg or elsewhere to buy a USB hard drive enclosure for about twenty bucks.

If you buy a dedicated external hard drive, you're paying an extra hundred bucks for somebody to put it together for you.... Which takes about two minutes and a screwdriver.
Rob Gregory-Browne is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > External Recording Various Topics