Sandisk vs Panasonic SDHC? Help! at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > External Recording Various Topics
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Old May 14th, 2010, 02:13 PM   #1
Tourist

Sandisk vs Panasonic SDHC? Help!

Hello! I'm new on this forum (I'm pretty sure this is actually the wrong place to post this but hopefully you all can help me out/move this!), but I have an HMC150 and currently am using class 4 SDHC cards to record. Supposedly you need at least class 4 to record at the highest settings; I have two questions.

1. Is it worth it to go to a higher class? What will the difference be, quicker data transfer to/from the computer? Anything else?

2. If I did get some new cards, I am deciding between Panasonic and Sandisk 16gb class 6 cards. Panasonic is around $10 more expensive. I've heard those are the brands to go with; are there others that are better? I mean I'm assuming Panasonic's own brand would probably be the best for that price, but I'm not sure. And if those are the two best, is it worth it to spring for the Panasonic?

Thank you so much for your help!!
Dylan Yu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 17th, 2010, 12:12 PM   #2
Trustee

Sandisk &/or Panansonic ?

Hi Dylan:
If it's a choice between Panasonic or Sandisk, then go with Sandisk. IMHO, Sandisk are by far the best overall quality performance and stability wise. Always go for Class 6 media. With video recording faster is always better.
Mark Job is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > External Recording Various Topics