Can I use an existing external hard-drive? - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > External Recording Various Topics

Old September 16th, 2005, 03:38 PM   #16
Trustee

glad to hear that panda works, i'll check out their online scan the next time a virus shows up :-(

your tablet is fascinating idea as a means of portable capturing of the footage.

it's fashionable to blame microsoft for everything, but the virus i had only manifested itself when i first opened up the thunderbird email program, that's when it would try to go online... but i could have gotten it from anywhere... i never open email enclosures, the jpeg preview is disabled in thunderbird, etc.
Dan Euritt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 16th, 2005, 10:12 PM   #17
Regular Crew

I really put "portable capture" to the test tonight. Since my sister-in-law was shooting tape on her camcorder, I figured now was as good a time as any. I captured 23.5GB of high school football. Hard drive only capture... no tape. Looks like it worked like a charm as there were no reported dropped frames. I've checked some of the footage and it's fine. I'll know for sure when I edit it down.

The biggest issue I had before tonight was limited battery life. But I bought a 118Wh external battery this week to solve that problem. Almost 3 hours of run time and the external battery only went down 25%. And with not recording on tape, the camcorder battery lasted much longer as well.
David Suthers is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > External Recording Various Topics