PANASONIC AG-HMC71E - bnc help please at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > External Recording Various Topics
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Old April 26th, 2013, 10:55 AM   #1
Tourist

PANASONIC AG-HMC71E - bnc help please

Hi all

I bought a Panasonic AG-HMC71E video camera a few weeks back, it has been brilliant, but there is a few questions im needing to know if thats ok.

I run a website which specializes in football streaming (legal) my question is this, what cables would I need, in order for me to film the football games and stream it live to the internet, the camera has a usb 2.0 port, but when i connect it to the pc, ustream wont recognize the camera, I have noticed that the camera has a BNC video output bit on the back - I have looked on ebay and they have a bnc to usb cable - would that allow me to stream straight to ustream or veetle.

Heres the ebay cable - Composite BNC S-Video Audio To USB Converter | eBay

Any help is appreciated, I have asked and asked, but no one will help me

Take good care and thanks in advance
Ray Kelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 26th, 2013, 11:43 AM   #2
Obstreperous Rex

Re: PANASONIC AG-HMC71E - bnc help please

That's a very good question, Ray -- hopefully somebody who knows for sure will answer, but I guess the other question is, are you willing to spend 18 pounds to find out? If so, please report back and tell us if it works!

Search DV Info Net | 20 years of DVi | ...Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!
Chris Hurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 26th, 2013, 02:38 PM   #3
Inner Circle

Location: Vancouver, British Columbia (formerly Winnipeg, Manitoba) Canada

Ray: it doesn't look promising as the device appears to be specifically designed to work with their DVR software. I doubt it would have the correct drivers to be "seen" by the system as a video input device.

But I have been wrong before...
Old April 26th, 2013, 04:17 PM   #4
Tourist

Hi all

I was hoping that cable would have worked :-( I have not bought it, but that seemed the only bnc to usb cable they have.

I was hoping to live stream the football games and charge a subscription service, the camera seems brilliant, but the lack of functionality regarding being recognized through ustream or veetle or justin.tv

Does anyone know of a way around this problem, I have messaged other companys who offer that service, but they are being tight lipped about it, as if its some sort of secret :-/

Thanks for the replies - much appreciated
Ray Kelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 26th, 2013, 06:02 PM   #5
Obstreperous Rex

What you need Ray is a capture card for your computer (is this for a laptop or a desktop?), one with a BNC video input. Do you need to take audio from the camera as well? There are capture cards that a have a whole array of audio & video inputs -- I'll let our experienced members recommend a specific one.

Search DV Info Net | 20 years of DVi | ...Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!
Chris Hurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 27th, 2013, 04:10 AM   #6
Major Player

I don't know what you need to stream your video, but to get it into the computer, you should be able to use any of the various devices which will accept a video component input and covert it to a USB output.

You can still use the BNC video jack for the video souce. You can put a BNC-to-RCA adapter (see picture) on the camera's BNC jack and then use a RCA cable to connect the cam to the converter. For best video signal quality, I would recommend you use some SDI-type cable with BNC connectors and connect directly to your camera and then use an appropriate gender BNC-to-RCA adapter to connect to the converter.

Since the BNC jack only outputs video, you'll need to use a separate cable/cables to connect the audio to the converter.

The only difference between component video coming out of a BNC jack and one from a RCA plug is the connector. The signal on both is 1 V p-p/75 ohm, unbalanced.

Some converters that work with laptops: usb video - Free Shipping - DX

Info on video component plugs: http://www.pimfg.com/ifaq/faq_av.htm
Attached Images

Mark Watson is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > External Recording Various Topics