DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   External Recording Various Topics (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/external-recording-various-topics/)
-   -   Intensity card (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/external-recording-various-topics/90543-intensity-card.html)

Ron Little April 3rd, 2007 09:28 AM

Intensity card

Is anyone using the intensity card to capture from HDMI equipped cam? If so please let me know how it is working for you.

I can capture but there is no picture in the capture window. The video won’t play from the Black Magic preset time line. But will play from an HDV time line. What is up with that?

What format are you saving your final project in?

Scott Hayes April 4th, 2007 08:09 PM

i am having the opposite problem. I cant get anything to play back from
an HDV timeline, only DVCPRO HD or uncompressed.

Ron Little April 5th, 2007 07:23 AM

Now that is interesting. That makes me think I am capturing in the wrong codec.What preset did you use to capture with and what codec did you capture as? Oh yea what editor are you using. I am using premiere 2.0

Ron Little April 13th, 2007 07:21 AM

Scott are you still having trouble with your card?

I sent my computer back to have some software clashes worked out. Should get it back soon. My builder feels that all my problems are software related. He is starting with a fresh OS installation and making me a disk image of a working setup.

I am really surprised how few people seem to be using the intensity card. I thought this was going to be the capture method of choice for green screen work.

Scott Hayes April 13th, 2007 07:30 AM

yep. and I don't really want to do a clean install of everything.
this POS card (at least on my machine) only supports uncompressed
or DVCPRO HD. it would have been easier to add another video card
to my macpro and use it to drive an LCD in FCP

Ron Little April 13th, 2007 07:33 AM

Are you using the latest drivers

Scott Hayes April 13th, 2007 07:37 AM

yep. I uninstalled and reinstalled 1.3 drivers.

Tyson Persall April 16th, 2007 08:38 PM

Intensity requires a really fast disk array 230mbs in order to capture edit uncompressed HD. I have a bit of trouble mixing in HDV footage with MotionJPEG footage.

Ron Little April 16th, 2007 08:42 PM

Tyson thanks for your input.

When you are having trouble are you in one of the BM time lines or a HDV preset time line?

Ron Little May 9th, 2007 07:41 AM

I got my computer back and everything is working fine now. It turns out it was a Microsoft update that was causing all the ruckus. I can now capture in all the formats except 10 bit. And I think I read something about that somewhere I will have to research that.

Roy Colquitt May 9th, 2007 09:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scott Hayes (Post 654071)
i am having the opposite problem. I cant get anything to play back from
an HDV timeline, only DVCPRO HD or uncompressed.

Scott, I'm able to monitor an HDV timeline on my MacPro. I set up an HDV project and sequence and selected output of Intensity HDTV 1080i 59.94. That sends it out through HDMI for me.