BIN-CONUS: Canon XL set of 3 video lenses incl. super rare Angenieux zoom plus more at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Community Marketplace > F.A. on Ebay

F.A. on Ebay
For *individuals* to post their items listed For Auction on Ebay.

Old October 19th, 2017, 06:41 AM   #1
Obstreperous Rex

Canon XL set of 3 video lenses incl. super rare Angenieux zoom plus more

This set of three standard-definition video lenses is compatible with all Canon XL1, XL1S and XL2 digital video camcorders. It is not recommended for the Canon XL H1 / H1A / H1S camcorders because these are not high-definition lenses. There are several items in this lens package. They are:

1. Canon 16x manual / servo zoom lens with hood, lens cap and back cap

2. Canon 3x wide angle servo zoom lens with hood, lens cap and back cap (see note below regarding condition)

3. Angenieux 10x manual zoom lens with folding hood, UV filter, lens cap and back cap

4. manual zoom crank assembly for Angenieux 10x lens

5. CineTech two-stage non-rotating clamp-on matte box for Canon 3x lens

6. Arri standard to XL lens mount adapter (see note below)

7. Canon XL 1.6x Extender

8. instructions & documents for both Canon lenses

9. two Ultimate Guide DVDs, for XL1S and XL2

10. Canon-branded swag (tape measure, microfiber lens cloth, two koozies, extra 72mm lens cap)

11. Targus lens pen, new and unused, in unopened blister pack and Hoodman EVF eye cushion

-- Item notes:

The Canon 16x manual / servo lens is in very good shape with perfect glass and no "whitening" on the rubber lens ring grips.

The Canon 3x wide angle servo has a scratch on the front objective. See the pic which clearly shows it. This should not affect the video image, but it is the "freebie" in this package. In other words, it's included free of charge. I cannot take it back. The overall price for this listing would be the same with or without this lens. It needs to go with everything else here, and you should be able to use it without issues. I cannot guarantee this, of course. But it should work out fine for you.

The Angenieux 10x with an XL lens mount is quite rare. It was converted to Canon XL by camera engineer Les Bosher (see Les Bosher - Camera Engineer). It is a 12-120mm f/2.2 manually controlled lens with focus, zoom and iris control rings. Focus distance is marked in both meters and feet. The aperture is marked in both f/stops (white) and t/stops (red). A small hand crank is included separately for fine control of focal length. It's in a ziplock bag with mounting hardware. Be advised that the camera display will show "no lens attached" when this lens is mounted, as there is no electronic connection from the lens to the camera. I do not have any documentation for this lens, but you can contact Les Bosher directly for support via his web site. The rubber lens hood is sent to you "collapsed" on the lens and all you need to do is pull it forward to use, and fold it back to store. A 72mm UV filter is included on this lens.

You might not have any use for the Arri standard to XL lens mount adapter... I know I didn't. It's another item that I have bundled in "for free" and it is not considered in the overall package price. Maybe you can find a buyer for it, but I need it gone with the rest of this gear, so you're getting it as a bonus.

The eye cushion by Hoodman wraps around the EVF of any XL series camcorder. The two Ultimate Guide DVDs are brand new and contain loads of info that will benefit even the most experienced XL shooter. They were produced by a good friend of mine. I have a few extra if anyone else is interested in them.

Sorry but I cannot split this bundle. It is available to U.S. residents only, as the cost to ship anywhere else is prohibitive. Payment via PayPal. This is a rare, one-of-a-kind bundle and most likely the last of its kind for the Canon XL1 / XL1S / XL2. Feel free to ask for additional pics and / or details. Thanks for looking.

The price is $400 plus $50 shipping, or pick up between Austin and San Antonio at no extra cost.
Attached Thumbnails
Canon XL set of 3 video lenses incl. super rare Angenieux zoom plus more-s-l1600.jpg   Canon XL set of 3 video lenses incl. super rare Angenieux zoom plus more-s-l1600-1-.jpg  

Canon XL set of 3 video lenses incl. super rare Angenieux zoom plus more-s-l1600-4-.jpg   Canon XL set of 3 video lenses incl. super rare Angenieux zoom plus more-s-l1600-3-.jpg  

Canon XL set of 3 video lenses incl. super rare Angenieux zoom plus more-s-l1600-8-.jpg   Canon XL set of 3 video lenses incl. super rare Angenieux zoom plus more-s-l1600-2-.jpg  

Canon XL set of 3 video lenses incl. super rare Angenieux zoom plus more-s-l1600-6-.jpg   Canon XL set of 3 video lenses incl. super rare Angenieux zoom plus more-s-l1600-9-.jpg  

Search DV Info Net | 20 years of DVi | ...Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!
Chris Hurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 18th, 2018, 01:28 PM   #2
Obstreperous Rex

Re: Canon XL set of 3 video lenses incl. super rare Angenieux zoom plus more

Moved to Ebay:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/263697608487

Chris Hurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 3rd, 2018, 09:11 PM   #3
Obstreperous Rex

Re: Canon XL set of 3 video lenses incl. super rare Angenieux zoom plus more

Sold. Thanks all,

Chris Hurd is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Community Marketplace > F.A. on Ebay