DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Final Cut Pro X (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/final-cut-pro-x/)
-   -   10.0.4 Update (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/final-cut-pro-x/506834-10-0-4-update.html)

Ryan Douthit April 10th, 2012 09:46 PM

10.0.4 Update

New update in the App Store. This version brings "stability and performance" improvements.

Ryan Douthit April 10th, 2012 09:48 PM

Re: 10.0.4 Update

I've only used it to cut a quick project since updating, but one thing I noticed is the Blade tool seems to work a bit differently. Now I have to click once to set the position (even if the playhead is already placed) then click the video clip to cut the video. Not sure if this is a bug or a feature yet.

On the upside: I can come back to FCP X after not using it for a couple hours and it's ready to go... no more "Zombie mode" when trying to wake back up.

Ned Soltz April 11th, 2012 09:08 AM

The update breaks Magic Bullet Looks and Sapphire Edge.

It is even more problematic with my Quadro 4000 than 10.0.3. Lots of beachballs and crashes.

Crashes with Quartz Composer plug-ins (FxFactory and related plug ins).

AJA users should update to the Kona 10.3 drivers.

While it has been good for others, this update has been very problematic for me.

Ned Soltz

Simon Wood April 11th, 2012 09:44 AM

Yeah, it broke Magic Bullet Looks for me; the image is flipped upside down. Very weird.

Hopefully a fix is on the way because I need to use a preset I had made a for an upcoming music video; I rely on MBL a lot these days....

Michael Hendzel April 11th, 2012 10:37 AM

Red Giant sent an email saying not to update to 10.0.4 until they can patch things on their end. Also other 3rd party plugins may not work.... seems like Apple changed something under the hood.

Steve Connor April 11th, 2012 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simon Wood (Post 1726455)
Yeah, it broke Magic Bullet Looks for me; the image is flipped upside down. Very weird.

Hopefully a fix is on the way because I need to use a preset I had made a for an upcoming music video; I rely on MBL a lot these days....

It is just the preview image that is affected, the actual clips render fine. I know it's a pain but it doesn't 100% stop you using it

Ryan Douthit April 11th, 2012 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Michael Hendzel (Post 1726470)
Red Giant sent an email saying not to update to 10.0.4 until they can patch things on their end. Also other 3rd party plugins may not work.... seems like Apple changed something under the hood.

Funny, I didn't get that email. (sigh...)

Nate Haustein April 11th, 2012 08:22 PM

Been editing all day with it and so far things seem fairly stable. Maybe it's just the particular project but I'm also getting fewer program freezes.

One thing that got messed up for me in this version is changing the transform variables on a clip when the speed has been altered. If the clip already has a speed change and I try to crop/move/scale the clip, it just doesn't work. A workaround I found was to change the speed back to 100%, make the transformations and then re-apply the speed effect.

Matt Davis April 12th, 2012 03:39 AM

On the other hand, a revision to Magic Bullet Looks 2.0 would seem to be a good idea. I've been having Gamma problems with MBL2 in FCPX to the extent I've put it aside until it's fixed.

At least I can work with captions, now. No five minute waits for a name tag to type out. Sheesh, I might even be brave and start using compound clips next...

Ben Fullerton April 16th, 2012 10:26 AM

MBL is also having upside odwn preview files for me. But like someone already said, you can still edit in it, and when it send the image back to FCPX, everything is totally normal. Pain in the ass for the moment, but still usable...

Simon Wood April 16th, 2012 10:45 AM

Red Giant released an update that fixed Magic Bullet Looks. Back to normal now.