Go Back   DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Pro X
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Final Cut Pro X
The latest version of FCP from Apple.

Old May 24th, 2012, 09:24 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Colour balance in FCP X compared to Colour

Hello all,

Am starting to finish my first real piece using FCP X which involves a lot of colour correction. I am coming over from FCP and using colour to do my correction.
I somehow feel that for doing things like White balance on some shots is a bit more complicated and harder to get spot on than from when i used colour. In colour you could pick out where your inbalance was using the RGB parade and then using the curves easily balance them, however in the colour correction in FCP X its harder to move one colour up and another down as you have to move part of another colour, if that makes sense. do you use multiple corrections to get round this? or what method would you use.

Does anyone else find the same.

Lights and darks are fine.

thanks
Dave
David Tripp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 29th, 2012, 07:35 AM   #2
Regular Crew

Re: Colour balance in FCP X compared to Colour

If you want to do serious colour grading I wouldn't recommend to do it inside FCP X. The tools are too limited and the fact that you can display only 1 scope at a time doesn't help either. Overall it will take a lot more time than doing it in for example DaVinci Resolve.

If you don't mind learning a new application, you can download the free DaVinci Resolve Lite from the blackmagic-design web site.

regards,

Winfried
Winfried Dobbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 29th, 2012, 08:39 AM   #3
Trustee

Re: Colour balance in FCP X compared to Colour

This is one of the reasons I've not upgraded (pun?) to FCPx... Recent gigs have been doing grading, so I am firmly in Color/FCS2 for the time being.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Pro X