DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Final Cut Pro X (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/final-cut-pro-x/)
-   -   FCPX 10.0.8 is out! (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/final-cut-pro-x/515390-fcpx-10-0-8-out.html)

Dmitri Zigany March 28th, 2013 02:37 PM

FCPX 10.0.8 is out!

What's New in Version 10.0.8

- Support for Sony XAVC codec up to 4K resolution
- Option to display ProRes Log C files from ARRI ALEXA cameras with standard Rec. 709 color and contrast levels
- Resolves an issue where some third-party effects generated green frames during render
- Resolves performance issues that could occur with certain titles and effects
- Time reversed clips render in the background
- Ability to use key commands to adjust Clip Appearance settings in the timeline
- Ability to view reel number metadata located in the timecode track of video files
- Mono audio files in a surround project export with correct volume levels
- Drop zones no longer reset to the first frame of video after application restart
- Fixes a performance issue which resulted from selecting multiple ranges on a single clip
- Fixes an issue where the Play Around function did not work properly on certain clips when viewed through external video devices

Also out are new versions of Motion and Compressor...

Rick L. Allen March 28th, 2013 03:14 PM

Re: FCPX 10.0.8 is out!

"Now, after updating the software seven times since its release in 2011, Apple is launching a campaign Thursday aimed at winning back skeptical professional users.

That campaign, timed to coincide with the National Assn. of Broadcasters convention that starts April 6 in Las Vegas, will feature users like Julian Liurette, who followed the firestorm from his video editing desk in Toronto at the Globe and Mail newspaper.

After waiting a year as Apple gradually released updates, Liurette finally gave it a try and was surprised. So Liurette began moving the newspaper's video operations from the old version to Final Cut Pro X.

The campaign will also feature Hong Kong cinema icon Tsui Hark and Mexican television conglomerate TV Azteca."
(Apple Launching New Final Cut Pro X Marketing Push to Win Back Professionals - Mac Rumors)

David Knaggs March 28th, 2013 03:39 PM

I hope this update fixes the green frame rendering problem right across the boards and not just with 3rd party effects. I'll update and see.

Dmitri Zigany March 28th, 2013 10:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David Knaggs (Post 1787180)
I hope this update fixes the green frame rendering problem right across the boards and not just with 3rd party effects. I'll update and see.

It's number three on the list:

- Resolves an issue where some third-party effects generated green frames during render

David Knaggs March 29th, 2013 12:11 AM

Hi Dmitri.

Please re-read my post.

Dmitri Zigany March 29th, 2013 05:51 AM

Ah, sorry!

John Nantz April 1st, 2013 05:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dmitri Zigany (Post 1787170)
- Time reversed clips render in the background

So .... what in the world is a "time reversed clip"? A clip showing something going backwards???

Quote:

- Ability to view reel number metadata located in the timecode track of video files

This would be nice depending on what metadata it is. It seems that so often what information is available is everything except the very thing I would like to know.

Quote:

Also out are new versions of Motion and Compressor...

re: Compressor ...
I still can't figure out if I really need it, or for that matter, if I could even use it.

This was a fast upgrade (i.e., time required to download the new version) for once so that was a blessing.

Keith Ward April 5th, 2013 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David Knaggs (Post 1787180)

I've just recently started using FCP X, and that has been driving me crazy! I thought I was pushing a wrong button or fat-fingering something, and it was my fault.

Can't wait to update.

Keith Ward April 5th, 2013 08:24 PM

"So .... what in the world is a "time reversed clip"? A clip showing something going backwards???

Yes.