My FCP X will not import XAVC-Intra at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Pro X

Final Cut Pro X
The latest version of FCP from Apple.

Old March 30th, 2015, 11:15 PM   #1
Trustee

My FCP X will not import XAVC-Intra

Just tried to ingest a news story I shot in XAVC-Intra on my new X180. FCP-X will not see those files, will see the XDCAM stuff just fine on the same card. Can see the XAVC stuff in Finder. I already had the LTZ whatever from Sony installed, installed it again anyway, but still nothing. What could be wrong?

When I tried to play back the files in camera, thumbnails all returned rex X things. The card was ejected properly, never tried to play back fro this camera before though.

Paul
Paul Anderegg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 31st, 2015, 03:51 AM   #2
Inner Circle

Re: My FCP X will not import XAVC-Intra

It should work. Try a demo of EditReady and see if you get somewhere with that: https://www.divergentmedia.com/editready
Old April 5th, 2015, 11:16 PM   #3
Trustee

It's not unusual for new camera types to see a lag before the main NLEs get parsers for their formats.

You may need to transcode externally until Sony gets the translators done for X. X has been pretty good about updating for new codecs at least a couple of times a year. But basically, the codec is Sony's intellectual property - and in the end, they'll determine when Apple or any other company gets access to the file specifics so that someone can write the necessary code so that software like X can use it.

These are just guesses. I don't shoot Sony stuff. This is just based on having owned a lot of cameras and having had to wait for quite a few of them to work with my NLEs over the years.

Hopefully, you'll have a short wait.
Old April 5th, 2015, 11:38 PM   #4
Trustee

Everything I am reading says it SHOULD work. XAVC-S natively imports, XAVC-L will not. My understanding, especially with the Sony plug-in specifically for XAVC SxS ingest, SHOULD ingest XAVC Intra, but for some strange reason, my FCP-X refuses. That same plug-in crashes FCP-X using XDCAM very frequently, wipes my timeline and changes. Sad that the ONLY working Codec I can operate with on my new Sony cameras is old AVCHD. :-|

My stuff gets broadcast in HDV 720p60 18Mbps, so I assume AVCHD 24/28Mbps is still superior to that! :)

Paul
Paul Anderegg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 6th, 2015, 04:46 PM   #5
Trustee

Sounds like something is screwy for sure. Have you updated to the latest OS and program versions? Are you OK for processor speed and memory? Sometimes the engineers make calls to functions not in older versions of the OS or that conflict with stuff. But I'm just shooting in the dark. Apple and Sony typically play pretty nicely together. So it seems odd that you're having problems. Hopefully someone who does the same camera and software version will see this and can provide more assistance.
Old April 25th, 2015, 07:27 PM   #6
Trustee

I upgraded to 10.2, now I can ingest XAVC I and L :-)

Paul
Paul Anderegg is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Pro X