Odd audio at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Pro X

Final Cut Pro X
The latest version of FCP from Apple.

Old December 14th, 2015, 05:51 PM   #1
Inner Circle

Odd audio

Soooo, I'm editing my video for this project, and I hear this reverb, almost like a mirror of her voice. I go and take off every effect and change, resetting the audio, and it's still there. So I drag the video back onto the timeline and everything is fine. I've uploaded a short example, the first clip you can hear my regular echo, and in the second clip you hear almost like a mask of her voice. Index of /delete

I'm scratching my head on this one. It's almost like I've missed a change somewhere on the audio, but I did reset each clips audio.

I worked around it, but didn't know if anyone else has heard this.
Old December 15th, 2015, 10:22 AM   #2
Inner Circle

Re: Odd audio

Strange. Is her audio from a camera mike?

It seems like one of the stereo tracks got shifted out of alignment by a frame or two. Did you disconnect the audio at some point? I can't think of a reason that the audio would go out on the timeline but bringing the same clip back in would fix it.
Old December 15th, 2015, 12:24 PM   #3
Inner Circle

Re: Odd audio

Hey William,

Thanks for responding. I did duplicate the issue again and did it this way. I increased the speed of the previous clip to 101%, that gave the the echo on the next clip. Not sure if that's what caused it but that's the only thing I can think of. I may have moved the audio, but it would have been by accident, it was actually on all her vocals, so I may have done something in the library. Yes, here audio is from a label. Straight from the camera.

That's why I posted it, I have some of the oddest things.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Pro X