New Mac Mini - wow! at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Pro X

Final Cut Pro X
The latest version of FCP from Apple.

Old October 30th, 2018, 09:24 AM   #1
Wrangler

New Mac Mini - wow!

I had gotten skeptical that the Mini would ever see an update, but Apple just announced a very impressive one. The event is still in progress so no specs yet on their site, but the new Mini is supposed to have

up to 6 core 8th generation CPU (base model 4-core)
user-upgradeable RAM up to 64gb
up to 2tb internal SSD
4 thunderbolt 3 ports
2 USB A ports
HDMI
10gb ethernet option

The most interesting thing was that "They can be strung together, using multiple Mac Minis for video editing or in a server farm."

Glad to see that Apple finally has introduced a Mini that's faster than my 2012 quad Mini server.

[edit] The new Mini is now listed on Apple's site. Now the complaining about the price can begin! ;-)

https://www.apple.com/mac-mini/
https://www.apple.com/shop/buy-mac/mac-mini
Boyd Ostroff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 2nd, 2018, 03:38 PM   #2
Major Player

Re: New Mac Mini - wow!

Intriguing box to get, if one doesn't want to go the MacBook Pro or iMac route and can't afford or justify upcoming "modular" Mac Pro.

I like the idea of adding a eGPU to the Mac mini since certain applications like Final Cut Pro X and Resolve Studio will take advantage the video card to render.

I'm guessing, the Mac Mini is a hint of what the modular Mac Pro may turn out to be.
John C. Chu is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Pro X