DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Final Cut Suite
Discussing the editing of all formats with FCS, FCP, FCE

Old August 24th, 2007, 04:14 AM   #1
Inner Circle

Apple tutorials available for download?

I went to the offical FCP website on the Apple website, and they have some great tutorials for Final Cut Studio 2. Are they also available for downloading to your computer?

Thanks,
Mathieu Ghekiere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 25th, 2007, 11:17 AM   #2
Major Player

Hi Mathieu.

I hope I've understood your question correctly (my apologies if I haven't).

To download and save any of the short Quicktime movies which appear on the screen of the FCS 2 tour on the Apple website, just Control-Click over the movie itself (once the movie is completely loaded into your browser) and a little menu should pop up with "Save as Quicktime Movie", which you should then select. Although I'm not sure what the equivalent steps would be on a pc, as I only use a Mac.

Also, Apple ships an instructional DVD with every copy of FCS 2. This DVD goes over the new interfaces and workflows for a lot of the new features (e.g. it shows specifically how to use the new Compressor to encode for the web and encode DVD assets). If you're after more in-depth info at this point, perhaps you might know someone with FCS 2 who could show it to you.
David Knaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 25th, 2007, 12:14 PM   #3
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Knaggs View Post
Hi Mathieu.

I hope I've understood your question correctly (my apologies if I haven't).

To download and save any of the short Quicktime movies which appear on the screen of the FCS 2 tour on the Apple website, just Control-Click over the movie itself (once the movie is completely loaded into your browser) and a little menu should pop up with "Save as Quicktime Movie", which you should then select. Although I'm not sure what the equivalent steps would be on a pc, as I only use a Mac.

Also, Apple ships an instructional DVD with every copy of FCS 2. This DVD goes over the new interfaces and workflows for a lot of the new features (e.g. it shows specifically how to use the new Compressor to encode for the web and encode DVD assets). If you're after more in-depth info at this point, perhaps you might know someone with FCS 2 who could show it to you.
Hi David,

thanks for the tips!
It seems that that function on PC is only available if you have bought Quicktime Pro (which I don't have), but knowing that Apple ships an instructional dvd with every copy of FCS2 is very good to know! Thanks!
Mathieu Ghekiere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 25th, 2007, 06:32 PM   #4
New Boot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathieu Ghekiere View Post
It seems that that function on PC is only available if you have bought Quicktime Pro (which I don't have), […]
QuickTime will be upgraded to the Pro version when you install FCS2.
Charles Gerungan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 26th, 2007, 12:29 AM   #5
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Gerungan View Post
QuickTime will be upgraded to the Pro version when you install FCS2.

Thanks. Now I only have to get a Mac and FCS2 :-D
Mathieu Ghekiere is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite