DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Final Cut Suite (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/final-cut-suite/)
-   -   can't print to video JVC says it FCP setting (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/final-cut-suite/10361-cant-print-video-jvc-says-fcp-setting.html)

Chris Kay June 1st, 2003 12:32 PM

can't print to video JVC says it FCP setting

Hello,

I don't know what I could be missing but I tried everything JVC told me to so and all I get is black on my tapes. This deck should allow me to print to video via firewire to a mini-DV side and an s-video side. I don't think it's the deck actually because I can capture video. I just can't send anything back out to tape via the "print to video" command in FCP. If anyone can think of some thing I might be missing please let me know.

Take care,

Chris

Ken Tanaka June 1st, 2003 05:23 PM

Chris,
Perhaps giving us more info will help us to help you. What model JVC deck? What version of FCP? What version of Mac OS?

Chris Kay June 2nd, 2003 08:05 AM

more info

Ken,

Okay, here it is:

JVC SR-VS30U
OSX 10.2.6
FCP 3.0.4

FW connected directly to G4 from deck
Can capture video - so deck is recognized - just seems to bbe unable to send a video signal back out fo FCP to deck.

If you need anything else, let me know.

Thanks and take care,

Chris

Michael Westphal June 4th, 2003 04:40 PM

I've been wanting to get ones of these puppies, but I keep hearing of problems...

Are you actually able to control the desk, but are just writing black to the tape, or is nothing happening at all? Is this on the mini-DV side or VHS, or both.

I saw one in action at a meeting, and they had a bit of button pushing to do before they could get it to record from a camera to DV by the firewire. No one ever figured out what the right combo of buttons was or how they made it work, but put 10 video guys and gals in a room with a new piece of equipment, and no one is gonna DARE look at the manual!

Please let us know when you get it to work.

William Velasquez June 5th, 2003 01:53 PM

Hello Chris,

When you try to print to tape does FCP tells you to press the "RECORDING" button on the deck before it actually starts recording?

I own the JVC SR-VS20U and works great!!

Chris Kay June 5th, 2003 02:36 PM

I'd love for it to work!

William,

Believe me, I'd love nothing more than to have this thing work. I'm starting to think it might be something else. I borrowed another DV deck from a different department and that won't take a dv signal either, so I'm at a total loss. I have dubbed out material to this other borrowed deck in the past. Yes, it does ask me to hit the record button. Here is something: JVC told me to make sure that "F1" is selected when dubbing out of the timeline to the DV deck. When "F1" is selected the record button will not light up. If I change it to "L1" it will light up, but that does not work of course. I really don't want to deal with the RMA process...what else could it be? Any thoughts are welcome. Maybe if you tell me, step by step, what you do to dub out to the DV/VHS side...you can dub out to the VHS side via firewire as well? The only thing that works at this point is DV to VHS dubbing. I have also seen in the FCP capture window "not threaded" and I can't capture. I think I quit the application and then it came back.

Thanks!

Chris

William Velasquez June 5th, 2003 03:36 PM

Chris,

F1 does have to be display when you're capturing or printing to tape from FCP. I always have it set to F1.

So just make sure "F1" is display when you're capturing/printing to tape... if F1 is not display then YOU WILL get a black screen.

If you're having trouble setting it to F1 just use the remote control to set it to F1.... flip the channels with the remote control to F1 and it will be okay.

After you set it to F1 just reboot FCP so that it sees it and recognizes the deck with its new settings.

I hope this helps.