DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Final Cut Suite
Discussing the editing of all formats with FCS, FCP, FCE

Old September 29th, 2007, 08:29 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Clarification on PAL to NTSC conversion needed

Hi, I am using FCP 4 on a MAC G5 here in Ireland and want to make a large batch of DVDs of a 63 minute PAL documentary that I can send to the US and Canada. I have tried using IDVD but it doesn't really work. I don't have DVD studio pro and wondered what is the easiest way to convert to NTSC or make the DVDs region free?? Thanks
Robb Bradstock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 29th, 2007, 09:56 AM   #2
Wrangler

Hi Robb,

I think you'll need to do the format conversion before burning the DVD. I don't think you can do a good job of this with FCP4 by itself however. Nattress standards conversion is one option; it's an FCP plug-in. See the info and free trial version here: http://www.nattress.com/Products/sta...conversion.htm

There's also DVFilm Atlantis, which I've used myself - it's a small standalone program which can run in the background. They also have a free trial version: http://www.dvfilm.com/atlantis/

Are you really on FCP 4? If so you might want to upgrade to 4.5, it's free and can be downloaded at apple.com.
Boyd Ostroff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 29th, 2007, 11:36 AM   #3
Regular Crew

Thanks Boyd. I'll follow those leads. Robb
Robb Bradstock is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite