DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Final Cut Suite
Discussing the editing of all formats with FCS, FCP, FCE

Old October 2nd, 2007, 05:33 PM   #1
New Boot

FCP Rendering Problem

I just recently ran into a problem with rendering in FCP. I will be changing video filter settings in a clip, render it, and right after it finishes rendering, the clip will revert back to its original state before changing the settings (however, the values in the filter settings will remain changed, just not the video). Anyone know why this might be?
John Jaquish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 3rd, 2007, 12:12 AM   #2
Major Player

Just a few suggestions.

Try trashing all of your render files.
Trying creating a new sequence and copy and pasting your current seq into the new one.
Trying creating a new project and copy and pasting your current seq into the new project.
Try trashing the FCP preference files.

-A
Andrew Kimery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 3rd, 2007, 09:09 AM   #3
Major Player

Yes! that always happens!! Even if you just make a transition, then take away the transition, it stays on your video as if you've painted it onto the original clip. I haven't found a quick fix for this, but you can watch your renders in quicktime though. Find the specific one that you want to trash.
I just delete the clip in the timeline and start over on it, but obviously you don't want to do that just to alter a filter.
Aric Mannion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 4th, 2007, 07:56 PM   #4
New Boot

Okay, thanks for the suggestions.
John Jaquish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 7th, 2007, 07:36 PM   #5
Major Player

Render files in FCPro 6 are indeed suspect when re-editing previously rendered sections.

I had a reverb effect on an audio clip. Sounded fine in dynamic mode. When I rendered it, the audio played from the end of the file and then stopped and started again. I fixed it by changing a value which forced it unrendered. There are bugs in there.
Dave Beaty is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite